Defiance MMO (360,PS3,PC gamers together on the same server)

[quote]Trion is trying a couple of innovate ideas in its upcoming game, Defiance. First, the game will have 360, PS3, and PC players together on the same servers, working together to conquer the game's challenges. The game also ties into an upcoming SyFy network TV show that will roll out along with the game. [/quote]

see to believe.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/defiance/b/xbox360/archive/2011/06/09/see-the-future-in-defiance-trailer.aspx

preview

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/defiance/b/ps3/archive/2011/06/07/multiplatform-shooter-mmo-announced.aspx

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

For a second I thought you had fell for the phishing scam link.

Looks interesting but an MMO isn't 360 friendly.

[quote user="Uyuyuy72"]

Trion is trying a couple of innovate ideas in its upcoming game, Defiance.

[/quote]

[quote user="Uyuyuy72"]

Trion is trying a couple of innovate ideas

[/quote]

[quote user="Uyuyuy72"]

Trion

[/quote]And it's already bound to fail. Chances of this actually happening are slim to none anyways.

I'd be surprised to see 360 and PS3 people playing together. That hasn't happened before right?

It probably will NEVER happen.

Bon3zz1001, your comment pretty much confirms you've never played Rift, which is slowly but surely taking MMO subs from other games, including the big one. My problem with Trion doing this is that it seems they are geting a little bit over excited with the success of Rift that they feel like they can push out another MMO rather quicky after Rift released a few months ago. This could be a horrible punch in the face to Trion if they do this.

[quote user="Shocker300"]

Bon3zz1001, your comment pretty much confirms you've never played Rift, which is slowly but surely taking MMO subs from other games, including the big one. My problem with Trion doing this is that it seems they are geting a little bit over excited with the success of Rift that they feel like they can push out another MMO rather quicky after Rift released a few months ago. This could be a horrible punch in the face to Trion if they do this.

[/quote]Actually I have played it. RIFT is nothing more than a dumbed down more casual oriented version of WoW IMO (Which I didn't even think was possible honestly).

I certainly hope none of you are getting your hopes up. I have no doubt the developers intentions are real and they are trying to make this happen. Unfortunately, Microsoft hates MMO's. They might have some kind of brief negotiations. But in the end, the game will not come to this console.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

I certainly hope none of you are getting your hopes up. I have no doubt the developers intentions are real and they are trying to make this happen. Unfortunately, Microsoft hates MMO's. They might have some kind of brief negotiations. But in the end, the game will not come to this console.

[/quote]It a prediction, if Microsoft changes their mind, then we got something new.

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

I'd be surprised to see 360 and PS3 people playing together. That hasn't happened before right?

[/quote]

well lets see ffx1 you could play with people on the 360,ps3,ps2 and pc,its still going so it has happend before and is happening right now lol.

as well phantasy star online you couldnt play with either ps3 or pc or even jp for that matter .

we all got along fine playing ffx1,the ones that didnt get along were the na vs the jp.they thought we all sucked,and considering how many played were 100% right.

i sa some news about eve online coming to the consoles,wasnt sure if it was 360 or ps3 though.