Defenders of Ardania

This game is advertised as having 2 player local gameplay. It is truly the only reason I purchased it. Not only does it not have 2 player (local) capability, the game won't run without something causing it to lock up. I'm serious to date it has locked up: browsing the options, pausing the game, trying to short cut through dialog, just playing the game. I have not been able to complete anything beyond the first tutorial with out it locking up.

I would like my MS points back. I'm not sure where tomake that request so it is being made here. If there is a more appropriate place let me know and I'll make it there.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You will need to contact xbox support? Iv never seen that before.You will also need to provide legitimate proof to be refunded your microsoft points.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="eXiLe Fizz"]

You will need to contact xbox support? Iv never seen that before.You will also need to provide legitimate proof to be refunded your microsoft points.

[/quote]

Is this not "Support"? if it isn't can you be more specific about who and how I should be contacting "Support". What constitutes "legitimate" proof?  The game stopped freezing later last night, so I'm not sure what is going on with that, but it still does not allow 2 person local play as advertised. So how would you like me to prove that for you? I would suggest  whoever is responsible for content of LIVE ARCADE download it and try it for themselves.

Thank you for the information, just frustrated with it not working and not having the capabilities as advertised.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Tom! I understand there is some confusion around the description of this game, specifically that it calls out the ability to play up to two players while not on LIVE. I have tried the game out and cannot find any local multiplayer options, only LIVE-enabled ones. I may be overlooking something, which is why I would suggest contacting the game's developers (www.defendersofardania.com/support) to see if the option is hidden or unlocked at some stage of the game. Please do let me know what you find out, thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

The developer has still noot responded to my concerns or answered my questions regarding the lock ups and the non-availability of 2 player local. I purchased this game with MS points off of your marketplace. At this point both MS and the developer are not answereing my questions directly. Who is going to step up and take responsibility for the game description being inaccurate?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again Tom! I would love to "step up" and help here, but at this time I don't know that the description is in fact wrong. If there is an unlockable game mode that lets you play local multiplayer, then the description would be accurate. Again, I recommend reaching out to the publisher any way you can. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm really not trying to be a pain, but are you trying to say that MS has no responsibility to verify that the games on their marketplace either work or are accuratley advertised? If the publisher chooses to contniue to ignore my requests for information where exactly does that leave me?

Sorry this didn't help.

I send them an email again. This is almost identical to what I sent them last week and I received the same canned response.

## Please do not write below this line ##

Ticket #: Defenders of Ardania questions

Your request (#) has been received, and is being reviewed by our support staff.

You should hear back from us within a few days. We are working hard to get back to you as soon as possible. Note that we do not work nights or weekends.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow the link below:

paradox.zendesk.com/.../

Tom , Jul 21 22:30 (CEST):

I purchased this game on the XBOXLIVE Marketplace. The description clearly

states that there is a local 2 player capability. I cannot play 2 play

local. Is this ability locked and available at a different level? Can you

please let me know one way or the other. Additionally, the game freezes

frequently and there doesn't seem to be any one thing that causes it. Will

there be a patch?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you try changing your xboxs hd settings? Example: minecraft is only multiplayer on 720P or higher. Also does it say multiplayer in the game details?

Sorry this didn't help.

with regard to minecraft only having multiplayer at certain settings, do you see it as an option only when the video is set to 720? or are they grayed out until the settings are adjusted?

With regard to the game details, did you read my first post?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok the developer finally responded, they say XBOX is responsible for the faulty description. See email response:

Johannes, Jul 25 13:12 (CEST):

Hello Tom,

The game information on XBLA appear to be faulty. The game do not have any local multiplayer, we've contacted XBOX to get them to change their faulty information.

Kind Regards,

Johannes

So, now will xbox refund my MS points? I eagerly await your response.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.