decoys

First I have to say that I never would have thought that people would fall for these things and I'm amazed just how well they actually work.

One thing I have noticed is that every time I use one, someone throws a flash/stun grenade at it .............. or do they?

I'm starting to wonder if the decoy itself simulates a flash/stun. Anyone know if thats the case?

It starting to seem a bit odd to me that every single time I use one, without fail, someone throws something at it. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I use them. Great for Blackbirds.

They flash when they pop.  They are essentially firecrackers on a fuse.  IMO they don't work unless you are on a map like Nuketown or sometimes Firing Range.  You need a lot of traffic for my ears for me to not realize the difference between a gun and a decoy in this game.

They work great against people who stare at the mini map all game. Even if you distract someone for an instant, sometimes that's all you need to get the jump on them.

I want to get a kill with one of them. I've heard they can kill when the pop at the end of their life.

[quote user="Bazinga79"]

I want to get a kill with one of them. I've heard they can kill when the pop at the end of their life.

[/quote]

I have a vid on my youtube called snipe5 where I get a kill with one. I'm not sure exactly how it works whether it be the contact or the pop, but it seems to have to be touching the person.

If you watch the clip, its at the very end. It appears to be the pop that deals damage and is apparently 15, as this was a hc match and it took 2 hits to kill the guy (although he may have been damaged already from a grenade).

I use them on classes where i don't use ghost. When i hear they have a spy plane up, i'll throw them to buy me a few seconds while i pull out my law/strela and search for the spy plane

I use them in relation with my jammer. I jam someones claymore that is hiding, then throw one where it would seem I would be coming from, then approach from a different direction. Works nearly every time. Smoke works as a substitute in that situation.

Hate those things when I have a black bird up.

[quote user="KOtheOGODHDSHOT"]

[/quote]

Lol .......... 3 of them with walord pro and drop a claymore at my feet .......

almost as fun as shooting down choppers.

I understand they distract dogs too, but never tried it.

[quote user="a tired old guy"]

[quote user="KOtheOGODHDSHOT"]

[/quote]

Lol .......... 3 of them with walord pro and drop a claymore at my feet .......

almost as fun as shooting down choppers.

I understand they distract dogs too, but never tried it.

[/quote]

They distract dogs? That would be interesting to see, and a good counter-measure also.

Use them with an Uzi, that can really catch people off guard.