Debit card reuseable?

So, I don't like leaving my debit card info online, so I usually remove it when I get done, But how does it work with Xbox? I hear you have trouble removing it in the first place, and you can't reuse the same card multiple times once removed. Is this true? Or could I place the card on my account, buy MS points, remove it, and re add it and repeat when I need to use it for more points?

Thank you

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="Capncorgi"]

So, I don't like leaving my debit card info online, so I usually remove it when I get done, But how does it work with Xbox? I hear you have trouble removing it in the first place, and you can't reuse the same card multiple times once removed. Is this true? Or could I place the card on my account, buy MS points, remove it, and re add it and repeat when I need to use it for more points?

Thank you

[/quote]Yes you can do that.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

It would be easier just to buy points.  I buy mine through a website and they just e-mail you the code.  You need a PayPal account though.

[quote user="Capncorgi"]So, I don't like leaving my debit card info online, so I usually remove it when I get done, But how does it work with Xbox? I hear you have trouble removing it in the first place, and you can't reuse the same card multiple times once removed. [/quote]

If you use a credit or debit card to buy an Xbox Live membership, you can't remove the card while the membership is active (even if you've already called to cancel automatic renewal, which turns on any time you buy membership online). So that's why people complain about removing a card from their account, but it doesn't apply to Points purchases.