Dear Parents

Ok i doubt they come here and read but pass this along.  i work at Game Stop....please don't hold that against me, its my PT job.  I worked the Monday before, the Midnight release, and the Tuesday after the release of GTAV.  Every parent i spoke too, i told them the skinny this is not your normal Mature rated game. In fact if there was a XXX rating on games this would probably get it.  However, IF your childern are mature enough to handle and you feel comfortable with them playing it, this very well could be the game of the year.  After hearing all that, you get home, see its worse than you thought that is not the clerk behind the counters fault.  If you chose to ignore what i said thats on you.  Do some research, just cause little Johnny or Jane wanted this game cause his/her friends are getting it, doesn't make it our fault you bought it for them.  Coming in throwing the game at the cashier, only makes you look like a child.  Thanks.  there rant off.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

NO REFUNDS LOL

And I bet the parents are upset about the sexual situations not the violent ones.  We all are going to have sexual experiences throughout life, not all of us will be violent.  I'm sure most rather find out your kid s having sex than bashing someone's skull in with a bat.......but then again maybe I am out of line?

Spot on..

OP welcome to hypocrisy at it's finest. Death, murder, mayhem is "okay" but nudity and sexuality, no way that can't happen!!

You have no sympathy from me at all. As a cashier you should not sell the game to them if you know full well it's for there child or not (providing the child is under rage). I don't know where you're from but here (UK) if I sell a game to an adult who claims its for his son/daughter who are under age then I will lose my job and the company will be fined a small fortune and possibly be banned from selling this kind of product in future.

I got the game last Tuesday (release day) and the woman I work with has a 14 year old son... he (obviously) wanted to get the game, and I thoroughly explained the missions I was doing so she understood the content of the game.  She decided to buy the game for her kid and then explained things in the game to her embarrassed kid. lol.  I guess he said he knew the stuff wasn't real and that it was just pixelated scenarios within the game.  So, yea... if you feel your child can handle the situations within the game, then I don't have a problem with kids playing it.  Parents need to be parents though.

@F0Z -- While I am not 100% sure, but it isn't illegal to sell "M" rated games to minors.  Certain retailers have "in-house" rules that prohibit selling a game to a minor.  The ratings system is merely a guide for parents.  (Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that, please.)

FOZ In the US it is different. It is up to the company on who sell games to. If the parents want to buy  GTA V for their little prince let them do so. Also all these laws against keeping naughty stuff out of kids hands, did not stop me from drinking, cussing, playboy,  or smoking in the 70s.

Please don't Jack Thompson it

^I love what you said lol.

Age does is no guarantee of maturity, you could have a 21-year-old idiot, but on the other hand you could have a 16-year-old that is more mature.