Deadly Premonition...best game I've played this year

Please buy it, but ask yourself a few questions first.

1. Did you enjoy the Silent Hill games? 
  2. Are you into open world games with organic environments? 
  3. Are you entertained by eccentric dialogue and genuinely interesting characters? 
  4. Does an interesting and unique storyline appeal to you more than a generic "da hollywood experiens!!1" one? 
  5. Can you overlook several small flaws? 

If the answer is yes to at least 4/5 of them, you need to buy this game. It's honestly one of the craziest and most memorable experiences I've had in the last 10 years. Please excuse it's sub par graphics. Excuse the awful combat (the game would be a perfect 10/10 if the combat wasn't tedious and if it had slightly better graphics). It's only $15-$20, please do yourself a favor and just buy the damn game. If graphics matter so much to you then why are you gaming on an outdated P.O.S console? 

That's all I have to say. BTW, I just changed my gamertag. It was between this and "Vegeta XBL". Which one is better? The SS stands for Super Saiyan by the way :) 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Insulting us before we even get a chance to respond... nice.

I felt my IQ drop the moment I clicked on this thread.

This is one of those rare things in life that's so bas it's good. Everything about the game is bad. The quality isn't even up to the original Xbox's standards. However, the game has a tremendous amount of charm. I describe this game as the open-world, handicap brother of Alan Wake. Few games have put as many smiles on my face as DP did. The game pokes fun at all the cliche things in movies and games, just like Shoot Em Up with Clive Owen. It's completely ridiculous and over the top. If you are old enough to be a fan of Twin Peaks, you will like the game, as it was heavily influenced by it. For $20 new you really can't go wrong. This game launched at $20 for a reason.  It was a low budget game. I highly stress giving the game a couple of hours to grow on you. If you do give it a few hours and you don't fall in love with it, you have a heart of stone my friend.

*so bad it's good

great game not perfect but enjoyable and addictive.

I think I'll just wait for the next installment of the Longest Journey.

I wouldn't say it's the best game I played last year, but definitely the best game experience.

Hell, maybe that is it. No clue. But the game is just pure awesome.