Deadly Premonition prequel, sequel, and remake...

planned/in the works.  Source.  Plus there's a version of DP being made with updated graphics.  I for one am stoked with this news, as I love DP.  Who else out there loves this game and the idea of another?  It's definitely a love or hate game.  It's one of those so bad it's good, kind of things.  The one wish I had while playing it, was that it would look a little better.  Sounds like I'll be getting my wish, in more ways than one.  I absolutely love the Twin Peaks feel of the game, and hope it carries over to the prequel/sequel (probably will).  I usually describe DP as the open-world handicap brother of Alan Wake.  The over-the-top movie cliches in the game are so great.  Plus the music...  so catchy.  The only other game that had me humming the songs as much as DP did was Zelda: Ocarina of Time.  Overall it's a very quirky game.  Hope the new one(s) feel the same way. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Go-Go-Gadget prequel! Only because I want Francis and Zach back.

Fans: Make sure you read the full interview here.

I read about that on Game informer. I really hope Swery get a publisher that support his ideas. I loved DP. It wasn't a perfect game but was addictive and fun to play once you get used to it. The only thing i hated  was talking with the twins LOL.

I've been looking into this game. I'm surprised. I always thought it was a B shooter. Looks interesting actually. Everyone I know who's played it says its decent to great. What do you mean love or hate, Thookins??

Deadly Premonition was about the best Horror/Survival game I had played in years, even with the terrible outdated visuals the awkward, bizzare and yet wonderful story is what made this game gold.

I'd be glad to go through it again, with some new gen graphics, and a prequel or sequel you say? Hail yess!!

[quote user="isturbo1984"]What do you mean love or hate, Thookins??[/quote]Every comment or review I've seen is either very positive, or very negative.  I never hear people say "It was a ok game."  The one thing I really took from all the positive reviews was to give the game time to grow on you.  There's a reason the game launched with a $20 price tag.  It's very, very outdated.  It doesn't even meet the original Xbox's standards.  Horrible graphics, and awkward clunky controls.  A lot of people fired it up and hated it immediately, based on those bad things alone.  At first I did too.  The graphics were very bad and I didn't like the shooting mechanics one bit.  I like a lot of other people after a certain amount of time, feel in love with the quirky, unique feel of the game.  Sad when it was over...  I had the fishing song stuck in my head for weeks lol.  It's a unpolished turd, with a tremendous amount of charm.  As The Mythbusters proved, you can polish a turd.  I'm excited they're doing that with DP. 

[quote user="Thookins"]

[quote user="isturbo1984"]What do you mean love or hate, Thookins??[/quote]  I never hear people say "It was a ok game

[/quote]I guess you never did read threads or  post in the old forums . Here are the archives :

http://forumsarchive.xbox.com/2330/ShowForum.aspx

there are a lot of gamers ( i am one of them) that think the game was great; much better than other horror titles that others gamers praise too much.

Agree 100% with Blackdalila

@Bad.  I'm not going to read through all of those.  "Great" constitutes as love in my book.  As I said, all of the many reviews and comments I read were either bad, or great.  Not simply ok.