Dead Space for PC

Sorry I know this is wrong area of thread but pc forums are kinda dead. I got the free download of dead space off of origin and im tring to figure out how to configure it with a wired xbox controller. I can move forward, backwards, left, right, but the right thumb stick is total useless also some of the buttons are doing wrong things. I cant seem to change them in the options menue. Also controller does work on 360 and pc on other games like Final fanasty 11. Im using windows xp home.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Did you try installing the driver for the xbox 360 controller?

(Click Here)

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Thx for the link acording to when I try to install it tells me I already have it installed. Now im not sure what else to do

wired or wireless? genuine controller or 3rd party? You could try googling "xp 360 controller not working". You could try deleting the driver. Plug it in then go in device manager and delete driver. then unplug and plug back in. You try a reboot as well? Trying a different controller never hurts either.

[quote user="Floorboss"]

Sorry I know this is wrong area of thread but pc forums are kinda dead. I got the free download of dead space off of origin and im tring to figure out how to configure it with a wired xbox controller. I can move forward, backwards, left, right, but the right thumb stick is total useless also some of the buttons are doing wrong things. I cant seem to change them in the options menue. Also controller does work on 360 and pc on other games like Final fanasty 11. Im using windows xp home.

[/quote] You can try editing the controls in the Dead Space txt file, if you can't from the main menu.