Dead Space 3: New Trailer

[view:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNGGMexuIdg]

Also a New Gameplay trailer that was only put up a month ago.

[view:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImFplpcXIIU]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'll be honest. It looks crap.

It seems to me that it's another case of an EA published game going in the way of "Mainstream" bilge that we've seen time and time again with their big hitters..

This title just doesnt seem to have any of the sense of loneliness and discovery that made the first so very, very good. What made the first one so good was that you was thrown into chaos without actually knowing what happend on the ishimura. It was up to you as a simple engineer to find out. You played a part of someone who just went to do their job and wound up in a crap storm. It was excellent story telling I think and more games need that sense of "Unknown"

This just looks.. Pants, in comparison.

[quote user="autana79"]

I'll be honest. It looks crap.

It seems to me that it's another case of an EA published game going in the way of "Mainstream" bilge that we've seen time and time again with their big hitters..

This title just doesnt seem to have any of the sense of loneliness and discovery that made the first so very, very good. What made the first one so good was that you was thrown into chaos without actually knowing what happend on the ishimura. It was up to you as a simple engineer to find out. You played a part of someone who just went to do their job and wound up in a crap storm. It was excellent story telling I think and more games need that sense of "Unknown"

This just looks.. Pants, in comparison.

[/quote]Well it's pretty hard to replicate that sense of unknown when this is the third in the series, you already know what is out there waiting for you, it's just remains to be seen what new necromorphs are out there.

Maybe you had already seen both videos before, but, I posted this then watched the second gameplay video in it's entirety, and you had already replied. So if you haven't seen the videos before, it might pay to watch them both in full.

And in case Steve Papoutsis didn't make it clear, "This is Super Awesome." 

They should just stop milking it to be honest...

But thats EA for you.

^^ How is this "milking" the series, it's only been 3 games. There were doubters when DS2 was announced so it's no surprise there are doubters now. It still looks like Dead Space and they've added some good features to the game instead of ya know, remaking the same game over & over. By the way, check out the DS3 Forums for more info.

It looks crap, I agree.

Third in a series is not milking the franchise. If there was a spin off RTS, a space flight sim, an Extreme volleyball edition, and a Lego Edition ( I would buy day 1) then it would be milking the franchise. But two and a half years between the first two and now two years at least between the second and third. that's not really milking a franchise, when it gets to Dead Space 6 then you can say they should stop milking it.

Haha Extreme Volleyball Edition, now that's a good one.

Watched both vids. Seems even more actiony than the second game, and the necromorphs don't seem as intimidating in a pretty well lit, outdoor environment... but it still looks good.

-

Co-op actually looks fun.

Okay, so I think that the game will still be somewhat enjoyable - but here is where they went wrong. They gave you guns. That's not even what messes things up, they game you a "gun" in the first game. But the thing is, guns aren't supposed to be effective, guns aren't supposed to dismember. One of the things that made the original Dead Space so cool was that the weapons you used were mining tools. That meant that they were not intended for combat. They had smaller clip sizes, they had slow firing rates unless you upgraded them. That is what made the original so great. It created the atmosphere of surviving. Now, we look at Dead Space 3 here, and everyone is using a gun and  cutting enemies up with ease. It just ruins it. No doubt it will be fun to play through, but it really is disappointing when you look at what it could have been.

Well, it seems over, but I'm not upset.  One good game and one ok game is a good run for EA.