Dead Rising won't play at all

Ok, just so you know I'm not new to the installation issues plaguing the xbox one. I've had mine since day one and have had to do all my installs offline. Just picked up my copy of dead rising today and did an offline install which went fine. Then rebooted, plugged in network cable and performed game update of 685mb which went fine as well. Rebooted and tried to play and game stuck on splash screen. I then uninstalled and tried again. Still same issue. I am not resetting console back to original state AGAIN just to have to install all of my games to get this to work. MS needs to come up with a solution for this crap and I expect my issue to be resolved or this is the last microsoft product I ever buy. I'm tired of having these issues with game installs and still receive no answer from MS. I haven't even seen any announcements from them regarding these issues except to talk about the hardware issue effecting the drives. Absolutely ridiculous that I can't play a game I paid for. Even more ridiculous that I have to continually go through hell just to get the games that are working to work. Sorry but someone should be fired at MS over this debacle.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

There is something wrong if you are having so many issues.

I suggest reverting to factory defaults. You will only have to set up your TV, re-download the apps, and set you console to home again. All of your app settings should pull down from the server.

If the issue continues, try the USB recovery tool (if you can find it). Your hard drive may have bad sectors or something. My 1st was a dud but my replacement has worked very well, with only the known OS bug issues so far. I am sure someone from support will chime in and tell you to call. 

BTW, DR3 is really good. I was a fan of DR1 and DR2 and this is so much better in my opinion. Don't lose hope! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.