Dead Rising 3 Day One DLC

Hi,

I was hoping someone could clarify the situation regard the Dead Rising 3 Day One DLC.

I purposely reserved the Day One Edition at my local store and paid the extra £5 to get this DLC. Now once I put the game in the drive and had a mooch around the marketplace I noticed the DLC was FREE, I haven't even used my code.

Is this right? I mean a big deal was made about GAME having exclusivity over the DOE of Forze, Ryse and DR3 and yet after paying more money it turns out the extra content is free for everyone?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

It's typical of GAME to rip you off.

I bought the standard edition dead rising 3 and was able to download the day one DLC from within the game.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It seems so... I don't even own DR3 and was able to go into the Store and download the D1 DLC without charge.

However, I cannot confirm whether I am able to use it in-game or not without a code... Can you, OP, or it asks for a code in-game to 'activate' it?

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Sorry this didn't help.

I can confirm the DLC works without the need for any codes or activation.

My gripe is simply that I was hoodwinked into paying more in the belief that there were only 2 ways to get the Frank/Chuck DLC and that is buy a DayOne Edition from GAME or from the XBL Marketplace.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah it's why I hate GAME.

Another thing they are using the perceived shortage of consoles to rip people off on expensive bundle. Some for nearly £1000. Often bundles come with things you don't want like Blu-ray movies or games you don't like.

Now even though they are saying the xbox one is in short supply and there is a waiting list I was able to order one from Microsoft store on sunday and received the console yesterday. So game are clearly just lying about shortages to rip people off.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to hear this mate. Its important we flag up these issues for others to see though.

Like the whole microtransactions hell we all face now on XBOX ONE

Sorry this didn't help.

This is just speculation on a reason, but I know a lot of users had issues with the Day 1 DLC not installing due to an error. Afterward, if the user attempted to redeem the code again they would receive an error message stating such. If they went to the game and chose Show All Add-Ons the DLC wouldn't be listed and it wasn't available in the store. So these users didn't have access to the content they paid for. Microsoft's fix versus receiving thousands of calls about the DLC, validating the codes, sending new codes/workarounds (begin speculation) might have been to make it available to all to rather than have thousands of man hours used and phone calls to focus on more important issues such as the "Green Screen of Death" and "grinding" consoles. Although it is unfortunate that many paid extra for this content and now it is available to all, you are still receiving what you have paid for.

Sorry this didn't help.

DID ANYONE LOOK IN THE CASE FOR THE CODE THAT GIVES YOU BACK YOUR $5 DOLLARS , AFTER INSTALLING GAME THEN  THE CODE I GOT THE DLC , PLUS $5 DOLLARS ADDED TO MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT..

Sorry this didn't help.