Dead island

My game keeps freezing what is the deal I'm lvl 33 on chapter 15. Is there a patch. If not I want a refund. If there is a patch I better not loose all my crap or I'll be pissed.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there! Is your game installed to the HDD or are you playing it from the disc? Where exactly does it freeze? Also, can you swap your storage device temporarily? Use a different HDD or USB device, recover your profile there, and see if the game freezes. Please do not transfer your save file yet.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I just tried to load a second playthrough and it crashes my xbox every time.  I am playing from the disk, so I will see if an install helps...

Sorry this didn't help.

well I have lost 5 game saves now, doesnt seem to matter if you play off hard drive (was first 3 times), so i deleted it off hard drive and used the disc, still crashes on you. You can reuse the character just choose the chapter you last completed and go from there. Only problem is you lose all weapons, mods, cash well everything. Oh and last time it crashed on me I lost 10 levels, now down to level 32.

It seems to crash whenever I play online, dont think i have come across the problem is single player mode. really need this magical patch. Just glad I got my copy of the game free with a magazine offer, otherwise I would be p***ed as hell.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also, Dead Island is having major problems like this and once you finish the game.  After you finish the game and on your 2nd play through your data will be corrupt and lose everything.  Dead Island ( whatever the company is) knows they have these issues and are tring to fix them.  I have even heard of ( CS) giving some type of codes for a re-fund.  "Heard" I have not been able to confirm that last statement.

Sorry this didn't help.

I installed the game to my HDD because I kept going thru a lot of the freeze too. Works great for me now.

Sorry this didn't help.