DEAD ISLAND REVIEW is up on OXM UK - Oh dear.

It's got 7/10 here are some choice bits out of the review.

There's loads wrong with Dead Island. It's as riddled with holes as the festering flesh of its primary antagonists.

Dead Island's rarely a pretty game - there are PS2 titles that would bully it in the playground

One thing is made absolutely clear playing Dead Island - the potential for entertainment inherent in a zombie-riddled sandbox is absolutely massive. This game falls well short of that potential.

It's clearly a B-game rather than the world-changing, Borderlands-beating blockbuster that Techland hoped it would be.

Don't think i will bother with it now.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

having said all that they like it but to me i think i will hang on for a bit.

<sigh> Sheep....

So you make it sound like they totally slated the game yet it got a 7/10 which is an above average - good rating.

Why are you trusting OXM? People need to start using Gameinformer.

they said with all the things wrong with the game they like it but i'm not sure gears is only a few weeks away so may save the money for that.

Gameinformer give it a 8.5

[quote user="HASHxBROWNS"]

Why are you trusting OXM? People need to start using Gameinformer.

[/quote]No. People need to start using their brain to form their own opinions. Instead of blindly putting faith in some guy you've never met before your in life, then regarding his opinions as the holy grail of irrefutable proof as to why a game is bad. I am not a sheep. The only opinion that matters is my own.

I look at the reviews to see what i think. IGN gave it a better score but with all the games coming out i have to pick and choose which games to buy. I think i will get dues ex done for friday when it comes out and see what offers are on for trading in.

Reviewers are helpful.... I learned that with Brink....

I will be getting the game no matter what any review says. Like Sword has already said, the only reviewer you can fully trust is yourself. Sure I read reviews from websites, magazines etc. But I don't let them influence my decision.

If I do or don't get a game, it was because of my own choosing. Not some random telling me how amazing/poor the game is.