Dead Island - People who have played it is it any good?

Anyone who has played this game is it any good. I am thinking of getting it when it comes on sale in the morning. I have finished Deux Ex today and don't want to play it again so with the trade in deal at Game towards Dead Island I am tempted to swap Deus Ex for Dead Island. Will look again in the morning to see what you say. By the way I hate L4D which is what is putting me off but I love Borderlands and Fallout. I have seen these games mentioned a lot when people write about Dead Island.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Amazing game worth it after they patch some serious game breaking bugs. #1 random 360 hard locks that require a system restart. #2 and way more important it loves to corrupt saved game data. I thought it wasn't widespread until my friend had all of his character saves corrupted and just last night my main character was corrupted. 30 Hours and unique weapons all gone. I haven't even beat the game yet since I was normally in other peoples games.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

[quote user="KeakaTheRipr"]

This game is a MUST HAVE for anyone who loves zombie games. Its a mix between Fallout and Deadrising. For sure the best zombie game that is out so far. And ists online 4 player co-op. Great game. Theres lots to do and stuff to find.

[/quote]I agree. Even someone who isn't really in to zombies should still get Dead Island. It's just a great game

[/quote]

1m s0 over zombi3 gamez th0, there are t00 m4ny of 'therrm.

On a serious note though. I wish the rental service I use would send me this. It is taking ages for them to get it to me. The game has been selling like hotcakes, everywhere I have looked (UK websites) has sold out or even raised the price. I really really want to get my hands on it.

[quote user="KeakaTheRipr"]

This game is a MUST HAVE for anyone who loves zombie games. Its a mix between Fallout and Deadrising. For sure the best zombie game that is out so far. And ists online 4 player co-op. Great game. Theres lots to do and stuff to find.

[/quote]I agree. Even someone who isn't really in to zombies should still get Dead Island. It's just a great game

DI is alright, nothing spectacular but not horrible.  just does enough.   combat gets repetitive quickly.   quests and items are about all that keep it from getting boring.

I was enjoying this game, until that game crashed my xbox with is less then 6 mouths old and corrupted my save and I had to re-start the game. A friend last night had the same problem with rules out that it was my xbox that caused the crash.

After playing for about ten hours and re-starting the game I've started to become quite bored of the game and started to find it rather repetitive, its a little bit to hack and slash. But that just my opinion. I'm not saying it's a bad game, the island is very well designed and the gameplay is smooth & solid however it's does feel a little rushed at times and as a result of the crash and losing my save, its made me wanna trade it in and probably grab GOW3 next week.

[quote user="JohnRambo1973"]

thanks i will be getting it. not sure how good the multiplayer will be but lets give it a go. hopefully it will be a big game.

[/quote]

Its fine on your own but even better with other people.

Original question: Yes.  @Judge:  This game is totally unique.  There is no game like it on the market.  This is my favorite game that has come out in a long, long time.  Perhaps you should reserve judgement until you at least play a demo.  Not saying you're stupid, but smart people do that.  You clearly don't have all the facts.  You know what redundant games I'm no longer going to invest money in?  Well, everyone knows the answer to that.

Okay enemy, whatever you call it it doesnt change my point.

[quote user="Judge Bergan"]

Im tired of the zombie genre...not putting any more money towards those types of games.

[/quote]Zombies are an enemy, not a genre. And the genre this game happens to fall under, would be RPG. I can understand how a FPS like Left 4 Dead, and an action game like Dead Rising could make you think that zombies are the problem. But you have never played a game like this.