DCRU Colin - new build is perfect

If you don't know who DCRU Colin is, he is a member of the BF youtube community who is apparently important enough to be flown in from his home in eastern Canada to California in order to play the newest build of BF3... which is probably the build that will be shipped and given to us on release day seeing as the game has almost certainly gone gold by now.

-

He is one of the few people outside of the companies that have gotten to play the build before it launches, and he says that the build runs perfectly, no hit detection issues or bugs whatsoever.

-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IrCUjCnYDw

-

I hope he is right!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I hope he is right to and Der..is the the game going to take 55gb of hard drive space??.....later

No for the console, but maybe upto 20GB on the PC with Expansions.

That's great to hear that the current build might be more stable!

-

But... Hate to say it but how could he possibly have any issues with hit detection or lag? He's running off of a LAN connection (Same thing is said in the top comments of the video) so that doesn't really explain much. And many of the glitches and bugs were attributed to said lag (Invisible player, character model being stretched over face because I lagged when I got up from behind a vending machine, etc.)

-

This is at least SOMETHING that points to them producing a decently running game. Still waiting on release day.

what did he play it on?

[quote user="MattKohl101"]

But... Hate to say it but how could he possibly have any issues with hit detection or lag? He's running off of a LAN connection (Same thing is said in the top comments of the video) so that doesn't really explain much. And many of the glitches and bugs were attributed to said lag (Invisible player, character model being stretched over face because I lagged when I got up from behind a vending machine, etc.)

[/quote]

Wrong.  as stated by Nvidia, and many other comments on that same link the game was playing on offsite servers. 

[quote user="Archst3r"]

what did he play it on?

[/quote]

His own built/bought PC, Oparation Firestorm on Conquest.

[VIEW:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCyLvCNzkI8]

This coling guy is quiet active on twitter also, lots of info. And i think he also have peronal connection with certain DICE devs, and EA managers. Cus.. well.. he is just always there..

[quote user="vibroluxor"]

[quote user="MattKohl101"]

[/quote]

Wrong.  as stated by Nvidia, and many other comments on that same link the game was playing on offsite servers. 

[/quote]

Wow, you're actually right about something! Too bad it still doesn't address my point. It's in a controlled setting with little to no outside interference. How could there possibly be any real issues with hit detection or lag or bugs when it's like that? It doesn't have hundreds of thousands of players stressing the servers.

-

At least there's some sort of indication that it will run better than the beta. Now the lag is still up for debate and how that will effect the game's coding, but the game itself may not have so many bugs. It's progress at least.

[quote user="NameMonkey Boy"]

[quote user="Archst3r"]

what did he play it on?

[/quote]

His own built/bought PC, Oparation Firestorm on Conquest.

[/quote]

>

So we still dont know if the xbox version is ok then............great