Day 1 Thoughts

A sort of impromptu "review" of the game so far (for me). 

To sum of the majority of what I'm about to go on about, this game is really good.

As someone who despises Oblivion like you would despise the fat guy at a buffet who grabs large amounts of all the foods you like, I have to say this game is such an improvement. The combat is great, the gameplay actually rewards you for focusing your attention to a certain style of play, the game world is actually interesting, the soundtrack doesn't completely suck, the quests (or at least the ones I've done anyway) are either straight to the point or very entertaining (Sheo's quest was hilarious and also made some good lore throwbacks), there's actually variety in the equipment available, the level scaling on enemies isn't completely stupid (though it seems to still hang around the loot charts a little bit), and oh yeah, there's more than 10 damn voice actors (though the number of wannabe Arnolds is a bit ridiculous).

That said, the environment gets a bit repeat'y at times (though that's forgivable, to a degree), the textures spend a good half of game time deciding not to properly load, NPCs sometimes get stuck in dialog limbo where they feel the need to repeat things over and over, Vampirism still sucks (hilarious pun, I know), and although it's really cool to have Dwemer ruins in the game, there are moments where they look less like Dwemer ruins and more like deserted buildings were the Dwemer and Ayleids profusely vomited their respective tilesets everywhere and invited a bunch of bandits and Falmer to live in the bizzare looking results.

I'm only 12 hours in, have only done a few quests and some random exploration, but I can see there's still plenty left out there (including Werewolves! Exciting, no mentions or anything so far so I'm interested to see how they fit in and where) and I must say the game is overall really quite entertaining.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm enjoying the game so far. Ran into a snag though, trying to get to the Greybears at Hrathgar ( ? ) and cannot find my way up the mountain. I think I have gone all the way around the base and every time I see a path upwards it deadends. Anyways I have no complaints and I am looking forward to playing this game a lot more.

You need to go up the 7 thousand steps go back into town and look about

All I can say is I usually play a game an hour, maybe 2 and then become burned out or bored.  Yesterday I literally popped the game in at 10:30am and shut it off around 11pm.................and it went by as if I was playing 2 hours, it has been years since I have become lost in a game like this.  

-

That is the one thing I was worried about, I can't seem to have the urge to play another game right now.

[quote user="Taldarin"]

I'm only 12 hours in, have only done a few quests and some random exploration, but I can see there's still plenty left out there (including Werewolves! Exciting, no mentions or anything so far so I'm interested to see how they fit in and where) and I must say the game is overall really quite entertaining.

[/quote]

You're going to love how they work the Werewolves in.

This game is going to ruin relationships.  I spent 5 hours just in the Glacial Ruins dungeon, which looked as good as anything in Dark Souls.  I'll need a 12-step program to get this out of my console any time soon.

I wish I could have found them! I looked forever, then went to the old ladies place and worked my way up the mountain. It took hours!

I just found them. Don't know how I missed them the first time I was in Ivarstead lol.

What about the fat guy at the buffet table?

Agree there's alot of improvement, graphically, at least, but a few annoying others, good thing is so big is gonna take the whole winter for 1 playthru which is also good.

"Nobody, is perfect"... -(nobody)-

Im loving it.Just got to to usto things.