Dawnguard

I heard the DLC causes a few new problems/bugs. So... Should I get it already/it's worth it? Or should I wait 'til the new patch?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Not aware of what bugs it causes, but there are bugged map markers in the dlc. Its worth it imo.

I didn't come across any major glitches but like was already said, the quest markers for Dawnguard aren't that accurate sometimes.

Not aware? Where you been man?

How about turning into a Vampire when you're not a vampire and having your feeding sated by feeding on... wait for it... Dwarven Centurion Robots? Or the disapearing Alchemy Lab.. maybe that's unfair saying it "disapears".. more like fails to appear after you've payed your heard earned 500 Gold for it.

Then there's the stuck in sneak mode, and let's not forget the bloke who's controller keeps turning off.

Bottom line - it's FULL of bugs, absolutely riddled with it. I deleted 3 characters, the game from the hard drive, and most inportantly Dawnguard itself. Then re-intalled the game WITHOUT Dawnguard, started me 3 characters again and I'm not going anywhere near Dawnguard until a patch and then some. Even then I'll be keeping pre-Dawnguard saves.

So for the OP, bottom line - your choice. But be informed, plenty of info on the net if you don't believe me.

[quote user="Dhaem17"]

I heard the DLC causes a few new problems/bugs. So... Should I get it already/it's worth it? Or should I wait 'til the new patch?

[/quote]

Don't listen to any of that, the DLC works just fine and it's awesome. Go get it!

Mine is fine... and the sneak glitch was happening long before the DLC hit the scene. Besides, there's a new patch coming soon to fix Dawnguard related glitches.

I've not had any major glitches with Dawnguard... but then again, I've not had any major glitches with Skyrim in general aside from the 'Trinity Restored' quest not working but that has since been fixed.

-

Dawnguard is well worth it too - being able to smith arrows, dragonbone weapons and the new crossbow with exploding bolts are all fantastic additions... and you get a bunch more quests, sidequests and gameplay as a added bonus.

The only glitch I experienced was the one that effects the alchemy lab in Breezehome (Whiterun house).  I would recommend that if you intend to buy this house, do it before you get Dawnguard.  In some cases if you buy and outfit the house after you install Dawnguard, the alchemy lab never appears in the house.  Other than that it's a lot of fun, and definitely worth it in my opinion.  Beyond the Dawnguard quest line, it adds some cool new things to the whole game.

I haven't suffered any glitches either. Now I've said that, next time I turn the game on I'll prob be inundated with bugs galore

seems to work fine for me, it actually got me back into playing the game.

Just saying, the stuck in sneak mode glitch has been an issue before Dawnguard. Transforming into a Werewolf or Vampire Lord fixes it.