data transfer

can i use a usb flash drive to save my tdms i like from the box? if so could some one please tell an older generation guy how to in simple and easy to understand instructions.......

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

uhhhhh

wat?

Good luck, most games don't get saved or only a portion of the film gets saved. Whenever I do something cool, like 5 kills with one grenade, and I go to the theater, only 3 minutes of the game gets saved. I wouldn't even bother if I were you.

I havent checked my hard drive, but I'm pretty sure the films you save will be under black ops and you can then move them to a memory card or flash drive. That's how it was with halo 3.

Instructions:

-go to the dashboard

-on the section where it shows your game, and avatar, go all the way to the right to system settings or whatever it's called

-go to memory

-hard drive

-games

-black ops

- the saved films/clips/photos should be here

-select the one you want and choose copy or move

-then move it to your other storage device of choice

I could give better instructions if I was at home, but I'm out of town right now. I'll favorite this thread if you need more help

ok sure, appreciate the info will try to tonite after work.

I'm pretty sure pictures and video's don't save in a file on your HDD or MU. You only have 6 file share spots for this reason------>they are saved via online servers. You can upload your file shares to youtube but that's about it.  

[quote user="Wh1t35hadow"]

I'm pretty sure pictures and video's don't save in a file on your HDD or MU. You only have 6 file share spots for this reason------>they are saved via online servers. You can upload your file shares to youtube but that's about it.  

[/quote]

I believe this is true ........... but add that you can only upload a 30 second clip to youtube. You can put a whole match in your fileshare, or you can edit a nice long clip from theater with slomo, dolly cam etc and put it in your fileshre ....... but if its longer than 30 seconds you'll need a cap card to record it.

[quote user="xS1LENTSCOPEx"]

Good luck, most games don't get saved or only a portion of the film gets saved. Whenever I do something cool, like 5 kills with one grenade, and I go to the theater, only 3 minutes of the game gets saved. I wouldn't even bother if I were you.

I havent checked my hard drive, but I'm pretty sure the films you save will be under black ops and you can then move them to a memory card or flash drive. That's how it was with halo 3.

Instructions:

-go to the dashboard

-on the section where it shows your game, and avatar, go all the way to the right to system settings or whatever it's called

-go to memory

-hard drive

-games

-black ops

- the saved films/clips/photos should be here

-select the one you want and choose copy or move

-then move it to your other storage device of choice

I could give better instructions if I was at home, but I'm out of town right now. I'll favorite this thread if you need more help

[/quote]

I was curious about this whether it was true or not so I checked it out.

There is one item called "saved game" and I assume its my progress on the campaign. The clips I have in my fileshare are not there.

The rest is just updates and map packs.

Yea I was afraid of that...

I guess OP needs a capture card