data recovery from xbox flash drive

We accidentally deleted saved game data from an xbox flash drive.  This was data from disc games, and was not stored in the cloud, or on the hard drive or console.  We were signed into xbox live with a gamer tag while playing the games, but they were offline games.  This saved game data is really important.  How do we recover the data from the flash drive?  Is there any way to restore the gamer tag to the status before the incident, and get the data back that way?  Also, when the xbox flash drive is plugged in to the console, it shows up as "memory unit" in the list of storage devices, not as a "usb flash drive", although it looks exactly like a flash drive (black with "xbox" on it).

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 120 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  Unfortunately there is no way to recover game saves if they have been deleted.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello.

After the last Xbox 360 update, the 8Gb USB Memory that was connected to it, suddenly stopped working.

Xbox 360 will not detect it anymore. I then connected it to my PC and it worked slowly,(took over 2 hrs to download content to PC) and after choosing "Show Hidden Files" in the "Folder Options", I was able to see that there is approx 8Gb of data on the USB Memory in a Folder named: Xbox 360, and in that Folder, there are 10 files named: Data0000, to Data0009, all with a Date modified of: 9/5/2014.

I then Formatted another USB Memory (64Gb) with the Xbox 360, then I transferred that Xbox 360 Folder from PC to the 64Gb USB Memory, however, when connected to the Xbox 360 and checking in the System Settings/Storage/USB Device, it shows the approx 8Gb of data on it, but all the files (Games and Apps/Profiles/Demos/Videos/Themes/Gamer Pictures/Avatar Items/System Items) all show 0KB.

All the data is from Forza Motorsport games.

I'm going insane trying to figure out what to do.

Please, Help!

TY.

Sorry this didn't help.

once a drive is setup for use on a 360 the data must stay on it, you can't plug the drive into a PC or it will mess it up as the files are not usable on a PC.   you basically just messed up your data by putting on a PC and trying to put it back on the flash drive sorry.

Sorry this didn't help.