dashboarding or sore losin

i think when people dashboard the game i think u should still get ur points flag caps headquarts stuff like that i avnt a brillint k.d but i still finish games when im losin

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="only4ladyeh"]

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

Ill admit I DB when I have a horrible connection and cant win a gunfight, thus starting the game 1-18. I could care less about stats (why would I have 70,000 deaths?) and I dont mind losing, but the bad connections make me rage sometimes.

[/quote]I honestly stopped caring about my W/L cuz of people like you. I hope they implement something where your playtime gets suspended in 30 minute increments when you dashboard and it just adds up. Then maybe I can actually play a full game in the hour or 2 a day I have to play without worrying about people like you who will make up any excuse to get away from people beating the crap out of you. 

[/quote]

I agree. I think however the timer should be incremental. The more often they dashboard the longer they wait. First time 15 minutes, then 30, then 60 all the up to a 24 hour ban. If they hit 'x' amount of dashboarding then it should be a permanent ban because quite honestly if they really wanted to play, they would. And I understand that there are real life issues that take precendence over a video game but let's be honest, that isn't why the majority is doing it.  

[quote user="ptaug"]

[quote user="a tired old guy"]

I used to argue against dashboarding for any reason ............. then someone said something that made sense.

Certain matches just need to be put down.

If I am host and the game is lagging badly ... it should migrate. If it doesnt, what kind of host would I be to let such bs go on. I put up with a lot of lag, but there is a point where one has to draw the line.

Sure . I could just leave, and the person/team who is in the lead gets an unfair win and the people/team losing get an unjust loss. .. If i realize how bad it is early, I'll just leave. But if its gotten lopsided scorewise, whether it be in my favor or the others', it needs put out of its misery. That, and if the game hasnt migrated, there is probably a reason why and if I left it may end anyhow.

And  to add to this .......... I got in a snd match one day not long ago. It was midgame, so I doubt if I was host. But I died and was sitting there spectating my team member .

He approached a guy getting ready to plant .......... they both looked at each other . then turned away. My teammember let the guy plant, then let him walk away and went to diffuse....................... Big Silver Button time ... and I hope somehow I was host ( though I doubt it)

[/quote]

This is so right on the money!  It's not about sore losin'...I lose with the best of 'em. It's not about K/D...mine is .69. Stupid game gives host, and then penalizes said host with the "host curse". Which is what happens to me when I get host. What if you don't want host? So your geting clobbered, is that fair? You see my K/D, I die alot. But I know when I'm getting gassed!!!!  Leave? No way!  It's time to put that sucker out of its misery. End of game for everyone!

It's 3ARCs fault not mine.

To all you babies crying for penalties....Before you penalize me, you had better give me the option to avoid host.

[/quote]

Two of the sorriest excuses for dashboarding I have ever read...  There is no viable excuse for dashboarding other than power outage...  It is not your right to completely end the game because you're lagging...  I will agree with one thing...  It is Treyarch's fault...  It's Treyarch's fault for trusting that this community had any intergrity.   Bungie knew their community was full of hateful, dispicable, selfish people so they instituted increasing bans for quitting/ dashboarding.

Treyarch, unfotunately, was naive enough to have faith in this "community"...  I hope they have learned their lesson.   Treyarch, in the future, expect the worst in these "people" and hope for the best

[quote user="iiC KyleB"]

so i dashboarded a few times mid-game...who hasnt? who hasnt?

[/quote]i never dashboarded

[quote user="TAP H2O"]

[quote user="ptaug"]

I used to argue against dashboarding for any reason ............. then someone said something that made sense.

Certain matches just need to be put down.

If I am host and the game is lagging badly ... it should migrate. If it doesnt, what kind of host would I be to let such bs go on. I put up with a lot of lag, but there is a point where one has to draw the line.

Sure . I could just leave, and the person/team who is in the lead gets an unfair win and the people/team losing get an unjust loss. .. If i realize how bad it is early, I'll just leave. But if its gotten lopsided scorewise, whether it be in my favor or the others', it needs put out of its misery. That, and if the game hasnt migrated, there is probably a reason why and if I left it may end anyhow.

And  to add to this .......... I got in a snd match one day not long ago. It was midgame, so I doubt if I was host. But I died and was sitting there spectating my team member .

He approached a guy getting ready to plant .......... they both looked at each other . then turned away. My teammember let the guy plant, then let him walk away and went to diffuse....................... Big Silver Button time ... and I hope somehow I was host ( though I doubt it)

[/quote]

This is so right on the money!  It's not about sore losin'...I lose with the best of 'em. It's not about K/D...mine is .69. Stupid game gives host, and then penalizes said host with the "host curse". Which is what happens to me when I get host. What if you don't want host? So your geting clobbered, is that fair? You see my K/D, I die alot. But I know when I'm getting gassed!!!!  Leave? No way!  It's time to put that sucker out of its misery. End of game for everyone!

It's 3ARCs fault not mine.

To all you babies crying for penalties....Before you penalize me, you had better give me the option to avoid host.

[/quote]

Two of the sorriest excuses for dashboarding I have ever read...  There is no viable excuse for dashboarding other than power outage...  It is not your right to completely end the game because you're lagging...  I will agree with one thing...  It is Treyarch's fault...  It's Treyarch's fault for trusting that this community had any intergrity.   Bungie knew their community was full of hateful, dispicable, selfish people so they instituted increasing bans for quitting/ dashboarding.

Treyarch, unfotunately, was naive enough to have faith in this "community"...  I hope they have learned their lesson.   Treyarch, in the future, expect the worst in these "people" and hope for the best

[/quote]

Oh, come on now...you're so perfect? *** your integrity! This is the internet. WTH is the matter with you? Surely you understand what internet anonymity means?

Let me tell you something, when 3arc gives me the host, they also give me the "power" of host. Now when that happens, I and I alone have the "decision making" for  the future of the match. I know what it's like to have a killer host connection. It has happened to me before. So I know when I have a crappy host connection.  Now when I have the "power" of host, I will exercise that "power"  exactly as I see fit, regardless of any other player in the lobby.  Host is supposed to be good for you, but it is not always like that.

You can call me names if you want, cry your little hearts out... I don't care. To me, that POS match will be over as soon as I decide so. That's MY "power" as host. The way I see it, a game like that has no place. The one person who has the "power" to end it should just end it.

I've been in games that have ended abruptly...I always think that some poor dude was getting slaughtered...and that poor dude ended it. So what? It's a game!

And as I have always said...give me the option to avoid host...then we can address the issues of K/D, W/L, sore losin', rage quittin', etc., etc.,etc.

[quote user="Temhotabot"]

Ill admit I DB when I have a horrible connection and cant win a gunfight, thus starting the game 1-18. I could care less about stats (why would I have 70,000 deaths?) and I dont mind losing, but the bad connections make me rage sometimes.

[/quote]I honestly stopped caring about my W/L cuz of people like you. I hope they implement something where your playtime gets suspended in 30 minute increments when you dashboard and it just adds up. Then maybe I can actually play a full game in the hour or 2 a day I have to play without worrying about people like you who will make up any excuse to get away from people beating the crap out of you. 

[/quote]

I agree. I think however the timer should be incremental. The more often they dashboard the longer they wait. First time 15 minutes, then 30, then 60 all the up to a 24 hour ban. If they hit 'x' amount of dashboarding then it should be a permanent ban because quite honestly if they really wanted to play, they would. And I understand that there are real life issues that take precendence over a video game but let's be honest, that isn't why the majority is doing it.  

[/quote]

Well, yeah. Incremental is what I meant. If I have to take off because of "real life" issues, that happens maybe once every 2 weeks or so? For me, anyway. I usually don't play when I know I have to do something or go somewhere, et cetera. My win loss is high and no, I don't care about it too much. It's more of the fact that when I'm doing good and actually having fun... Someone dashboards then it's over. I would love for these people to get 2-4 hours waits before they can play any multiplayer game on xbl. It's fair. 

cyphre, you're just not paying attention, are you?

Name calling isn't going to get me to play how YOU want me to. I do what I want to. Period. Bring your flames.

Unfortunately that's just where the franchise's at. If people can find a quick and easy way to save their precious K/D from taking a hit, they'll do it. This is what leaderboards and stats have done to first person shooters, made people think these useless numbers actually mean something when they really don't. It's one thing to back out and find another game, it's pathetic to power down or dashboard. Just my opinion.

I pay close attention to the killfeed during the game, especially after I get a kill.  If I catch someone dashboarding, I'll send them a 'LOL' message just to rub it in.  Dashboarding is a waste of time and there is only 1 person that cares about one's stats.  Just to put it in perspective, there are over 100 million accounts on black ops.  What makes any one of them so special?  Being at the top of the leaderboard is nothing to get excited over either. 99.99% of the people you are trying to impress, think you boosted your way there anyway.  

I don't get placed in those type of games. It's NOT that bad. I know it can be ridiculous and that's kind of my point. I'm a 30-10 domination player average-- I'm just guessing or throwing down numbers, whatever. If it's lagging and I'm 3-9, I play DIFFERENT. I don't just quit out. My point is this guy knows he's host when he does it and that's why he does it. That's the case for most people. I just don't see it as a valid excuse. And how do you differentiate between server lag and you just having a bad game? From what he says his stats are, he's not amazing (I'm not talking trash or anything) and neither are you, so if you guys start off bad-- you just quit out? Cod must be pretty redundant for you. You play a game for a minute then quit. No wonder your win loss is like .09. 

[/quote]

Never? Seriously?

I'm not saying those type of games happen often. But to say that they NEVER happen is a bunch of bs.

Let me give an example.

The other night I was in a ffa match where you fire at somebody ....... but they werent there anymore . ..... they were 30 or 40 feet away from where you saw them last.

I place a claymore by a rock, run about 10 feet and I'm standing there by the rock with the claymore in my hand. Again, I put the claymore by the rock and run ... and yet again, after I run a short distance, I'm standing there by the rock with a claymore in my hand. This happened 3 or 4 times in a row, and once, somewhere between the rock and the other place that I never even was ..... I died.    Sure .... that must have been me just not playing well.

Now this is the type of game that I may or may not dashboard on. In this case I didnt. We all happened to be having fun regardless. Yeah , there were a few people complaining about the lag, but not too bad and we all had a decent time. This might have been a match where people start pointing fingers, calling lag switcher, or calling cheater in some way .. but in this case we had a good time.

I even stuck around for another match with the same bunch. Same lag, same host that never migrated, same winner (who was host btw) same mild complaints on the part of several people about the lag. After that match I left the lobby and searched for a new one.

Sometimes howevr ........ I'm just not in the mood to put up with such bs. I think you've heard me talk enough before about my stats to know that it has nothing to do with that. I get in the middle of matches where everyone keeps leaving because of spawn traps ..... I stay. I might die 10 times in a row spawning, but I have fun with the challenge of getting out of the trap, and maybe even turning the tables on the trappers.  If I win a match easily, I leave the lobby afterwards and find a more challenging one.

Now .......... you can say I leave for what ever reason you want to say. You can say this kind of thing never happens .............. and I can say bs on you.  And if your bsing about this kind of thing never happening, maybe you're bsing about never dashboarding. Maybe the reason you talk so strongly against it is because you dont want to admit that you do it.

But whatever ..... whether I'm winning or losing, has nothing to do with it. If I'm having a horrible match, I might stay or I might back out. But if its an unfair game due to EXTREME lag or boosters , etc .. I'm not backing out, I'm dashboarding. If you get in a match with me hosting and you are wining some unfair way ( and I'm not talking about any specific weapons, tactics or spawntrapping or such , they are all good ), you are gonna get a loss. You having fun isnt a reason for everyone else to suffer ........ Like I say.     Thats the same atitude the cheaters have.

[/quote]They were 30 or 40 feet away from you after you shot once? That sounds like your internet just sucks. And no, that's never happened to me. I get in games where I get beat by horrible players in 1-1 fights, basically both of us shooting at the same time. Sometimes even I shooting first and I don't rage dashboard. Like I said, you guys do it mostly because you know your host. I've noticed most people who dashboard have awful stats. Win loss and K/D. And you might think that goes to your argument that they dashboard because the game is being unfair with connection, et cetera. But to me, it looks like you guys do it just to be douchebags who want to ruin the game because some players are just a little bit better than you. I'm not saying I've never dashboarded because I have. To the extent I think you or the other guy do, though? No way. I get put in mexican lobbies, english lobbies, swedish lobbies even and me and my friends still win even though any death we get is usually bs versus you and or the other guy dying once or twice and dashboarding and laughing about it because the game ended. I'm not fully directing all of that to you but a little, I am. I realize you're not that type of person but hey, maybe they will implement a time suspension and we'll see how often you guys do it then. I'd respond better to your thing but for some brilliant reason in the year 2011 you can't paragraph on google chrome and I haven't even played in cod in like 10 days. I'm not all serious about stats. I have fun on cod and it's basically a 50 percent chance people dashboard if I have a good game-- when I'm not host or any person on my team I'm playing with isn't host. 

undefined

I probably have about 50 dashboards in over 120 days played of MP in the last 3 CODs. COD is ALL about connection, and when Im not getting a fair share of it, Ill rage quit. Not alot, but Ill admit to doing it (unlike many others). Beg all you want for a "penalty", but as for now, there is NONE so deal with it?

[/quote]I'm just saying. If you're getting beat that bad, then play differently or quit out (push start, leave game, it's easy) before you go 1-18. You get a loss anyway. Why ruin it for everyone else just because uneasyjmitchell isn't having fun? Can't really argue how many times you've dashboarded but how you mentioned it-- I really don't believe you've only done it 50 times. And I don't care what you're excuse is unless it's something unrelated to gaming period. I put you in the same category as the 15th prestige people who dashboard if they don't keep their 3 k/d or start off 0-5. I don't really care what you have to say anymore either soo have a nice day! 

[/quote]

I'm curious. Do you really get enjoyment from winning a match while teleporting around, one-shotting your enemies while they fire endless rounds at you without as much as a hitmarker?

If so .......... thats probably the same enjoyment the lag-switchers get when they do it. Sure, you arent doing it intentionally .......... but if you know its going on and do nothing about it, its nearly as bad. Whether it be by your actions ....... or your inaction, ...... unfair is unfair. And if you enjoy winning unfairly, then you deserve to take a loss occasionally because of a dashboarding host.