Dashboarding is Becoming a MAJOR Problem

In the couple of hours I've played today, I've been dashboarded on close to 10 times. I've been playing cod since the pre-perks days & this seems worse than I've ever seen it. Personally, I'm getting sick of losing out on match bonus XP & taking losses in games my team was clearly winning.

-

In my humble opinion, the ONLY way to curb dashboarding is to give people a host score. Basically, early disconnections (for whatever reason) would count negatively against the hosting player. The more disconnects you have, the less likely you'd pull host; hit the magic number of disconnects & you'd no longer be allowed to host. This 5 minute ban crap is obviously not working -- duh! And sure, this wouldn't stop people from dashboarding, but at least they'd no longer be able to end the game for everyone else.

-

Am I the only one getting dashboarded on left & right lately? I mean, dashing was always an issue, but like I said, I don't remember it ever being this bad.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've been seeing and increase over the past couple of days. I don't think Treyarch's temporary ban system is working unless its only in certain game modes.

I've only been dropped back to lobby once but have had many host migrations.

[quote user="awtacular"]I don't think Treyarch's temporary ban system is working[/quote]Guess who called it.

I've seen a lot of host migration, but not dashboarding where we get kicked from the game.

If Treyarch fixes dashboarding, they better decide when a disconnect is from a host quitting, and from a person rage quitting.

I'd rather not get penalized because my Party is making n00bs rage quit.

All I know is that often times when my team is being steamrolled I'll check the scoreboard to find half my team had rage quit. And I'm the only one who'll stay and finish the game.

imagine if all stats were taken out of the game? Forza racing did away with their player ranks and racing got ALOT better as a result.

[quote user="Khronokai"]

All I know is that often times when my team is being steamrolled I'll check the scoreboard to find half my team had rage quit. And I'm the only one who'll stay and finish the game.

[/quote] I've noticed that a lot of the times when people leave games the lobby doesn't fill back up either. I've actually seen quite of few games played with unbalanced teams only for more people to get thrown in once the game ends only to get a loss.

[quote user="OrdealByFire"]

If Treyarch fixes dashboarding, they better decide when a disconnect is from a host quitting, and from a person rage quitting.

I'd rather not get penalized because my Party is making n00bs rage quit.

[/quote]

Well, under my system you wouldn't. If you (you in general, not you specifically) dashboard too much or your connection isn't good enough to host, you shouldn't ever be host -- end of discussion. What I proposed wont stop dashboarding, but it will [eventually] stop giving the host to dashboarders. There's nothing devs can do to force people to stay in the game, nor should they; however, they can do something about who gets host.

Dashboarding is nothing NEW to COD and its no different in this game than ANY other COD. Dashboarding is a COMMUNITY problem, nothing the devs can do really (besides what they are trying).

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

Dashboarding is nothing NEW to COD and its no different in this game than ANY other COD. Dashboarding is a COMMUNITY problem, nothing the devs can do really (besides what they are trying).

[/quote]

I disagree. I gave something new they can do. BO2 wouldn't be the 1st game to implement a host grading system.