Dark Souls will be the best rpg this year

Yes I know there are tons of games coming this fall and the rpg category will not be short on supply.    especially with Skyrim and Mass Effect 3.   But for you 360 gamers who have never played the ps3's demon's soul's.    I just have to tell you that Dark Souls, if you love rpg games, should be at the top of your list and it will be available on 360 this October.  But only those of you who are up for a challenge.

Im so excited for this game even more so than Diablo 3, if it is released this year.  That's how good demon's soul's IMO was.   and the sequel looks just as good and the developers are saying it will be even harder than the first.

http://www.gamerlive.tv/article/big-games-2011-dark-souls-prepare-die-site-goes-live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHC24VapQ5E&feature=player_embedded#at=43

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think will be a great game but super frustrating .

I read this article (impressions) :

www.gamespot.com/.../news.html

The only thing i hate a lil is that the game will force you sometimes to beat bosses via co-op :

"The boss, says the producer, is maybe "one you can't beat alone," hinting at co-operative play beyond that of Demon's Souls' online network features, in which players could leave messages in others' game worlds."

refering to the giant armored boss that appear in one of the trailers posted recently.

No, it's definitely Skyrim.

I think Skyrim will be better, but I'm really looking forward to Dark Souls.

Plus if you pre-order it you'll automatically get the Collector's Edition.

I dont really like the idea behind forced coop. Most of the time I prefer to play rpg's sp. Ill probably still pick it up though.

Skyrim or The Witcher 2 will be this year.  Diablo 3 or Mass Effect 3 next year.

Well with Mass Effect 3 getting the boot to next spring I'm sure that helps out a lot of the other RPG's this fall. Likewise I'm really looking forward to Dark Souls, and the challenges it will bring, but I do feel that as the masses will flock to Skyrim, Dark Souls won't be as well received when it comes to the award season.

I was confused about that coop statement as well.   Because there was no boss in demon's souls that had to be done coop.   and lets face it the coop op in demon's souls was done extremely well and it can only improve.   From being able to leave hints and tip notes or booby trap notes for others to invading other player realms .   it was a blast

I don't think they meant coop will be required what they probably are not saying is you can beat him coop or wait until your extremely high level.

As far as skyrim and oblivion goes.   I liked oblivion, but IMO it would be much better with a xp based system, which is why the difficulty  challenge of DS and it's level up system IMO is better.

Skyrim will be the biggest letdown simply because everybody is hyping it to the max. It will not deliver as much as Dark souls will.

Skyrim, a let down? Lawl.

[quote user="Assassinator010"]

Skyrim will be the biggest letdown simply because everybody is hyping it to the max. It will not deliver as much as Dark souls will.

[/quote]

Oblivion was pretty hyped.......

Just saying.