Dark Souls vs Skyrim

Which one do you guys think will be better?   personally I am way more hyped for DS than Skyrim.   Sure skyrim is more popular, more open, more story, more quests.   But DS wins combat, loot, and difficulty hands down.     I'm sure more players are going to prefer being some elf frolicking merrily  throughout the mountains and forests of skyrim but I can't wait to be beaten over and over again in DS.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

They're two completely different games, really. Not really much to verse on each other. I already have Dark Souls on pre-order. Hope to hit some friends up with it.

I agree...very difficult to compare them.  Each is so unique.  Pretty much all they share is AWESOMENESS!!  I think we're pretty fortunate to see both these games land together (or maybe this is unfortunate, for those of us hoping not to be fired from our workplace).  I love the interactivity of Demon's/Dark Souls - best coop RPG in the history of gaming, IMO.  But Skyrim will probably suck us in and make us feel like we're part of a living, breathing world.  I vote TIE.

Definitely can't compare them. That said, Dark Souls is my most anticipated game of the year. Skyrim probably has more of a fanbase, but Dark Souls probably has the better/more dedicated fanbase. I've got both of them preordered, so my grades in college may slip a bit come October/November.

It's hard to compare these two. They are both RPG's, that's just about all they have in common. I do, however, feel that Skyrim will be more critically acclaimed.

Like many of you, I will be getting both.

If I could only pick 1, I'd pick Dark souls.  In fact, I'm only picking one!  Demon Souls was ridiculously amazing, it seems like every movement made on the controller matters, everything in the world was a threat.  It was one of the few games I've ever played that I really paced myself, hoping not to walk into traps and ambushes.  There were enemies in the Demon Souls world that you would see, and once you got a little closer you'd actually say to yourself "I don't think I'm ready for this I better go back the other way!"

Well here is 5 reason why Dark Souls will be better than Skyrim

xbox360.ign.com/.../1196353p1.html

After playing both, I believe DS will be much better than Skyrim. I agree with the above article, and one thing I hated about oblivion, was 1) Once you leveled up and got good items, you were god like, and the game become less challenging, unlike DS, I don't think I ever felt god like.

2) I put many many hours into Oblivion doing everything, but I couldn't finish the main quest, because it got too boring and repetitive, and I lost interest.

That did not happen to me with Demon Souls

The Elder scrolls are a fun and nice looking game, but Demon souls/dark souls beat it hands down

I love both these franchises, but Demon's Souls (and I'm assuming Dark Souls as well)  is just so much more immersive.  It's the ONLY game I've played where, the moment I spawn in a world, my heart rate immediatey goes up, along with the pure sense of dread I feel.  Every step forward is an adventure, because the game pushes the limits of your skill, observational skills, timing, strategic thought, and patience to the limits.  If you can't beat this game, the fault always falls at your own feet.  Adapt and survive.  Can't wait.

my sign says it all.

I also like dark souls for reason basher posted. But between the two, I can't really tell you. I played oblivion and was just playing it a few minutes ago actually and I've played demon souls. And I love them both for very different reasons and is excited for both of their new versions. So ima just get both. After playing both of them, maybe I will like one more than the other or get tired of one more than the other, wo knows. But from where I'm standing now. I can't really say.

[quote user="Krynn007"]

Well here is 5 reason why Dark Souls will be better than Skyrim

xbox360.ign.com/.../1196353p1.html

After playing both, I believe DS will be much better than Skyrim. I agree with the above article, and one thing I hated about oblivion, was 1) Once you leveled up and got good items, you were god like, and the game become less challenging, unlike DS, I don't think I ever felt god like.

2) I put many many hours into Oblivion doing everything, but I couldn't finish the main quest, because it got too boring and repetitive, and I lost interest.

That did not happen to me with Demon Souls

The Elder scrolls are a fun and nice looking game, but Demon souls/dark souls beat it hands down

[/quote]

just in case some people didn't figure it out yet, the ign dark souls vs skyrim article is 100% one sided, and was actually meant to be like that, in other words, it was made to intentionally annoy skyrim fans, and to generally troll people.

its not an actual article stating for a fact, that dark souls will be better.

id say get both. they will both be good, for different reasons.