Dark Souls Saves

Long Version:The issue is that I purchased the game dark souls through steam, and saw that it needed games for windows live. I saw this and decided it would be easier just to play it offline. So I made an offline/guest account or something along those lines. I put about 100 hours in on this account. Before that point none of my friends played the game so I was content with offline play, but now some of my friends have purchased the game, and would like to play the game with me. the problem is that i have created an online account and my saves wont transfer to this account. I have tried massive amounts of file manipulation, i have edited code for the saved files, and much more, but because your software has absolutely absurd anti-cheat systems I can't move 1 measly save. Would it at all be possible to convert my offline account to an online account so i can just enjoy this game. Please someone help me, I may hate microsoft for everything short of Office 2010 and earlier and windows 7, but if I could get some help with this it might change my opinion of games for windows live.

Short version: can my dark souls saves be moved from an offline account to an online account, and if not can i make a guest account into a normal online account.

Things I've tried:

Moving/renaming saves in documents

Moving/renaming data in appdata

using a hex editor to change data in saves

sketchy downloads

I have not, and will not cheat to modify my online account

PS:This post is in this section because your website is impossible to navigate and had a dead link where game progress is supposed to be; i am in web page design and i think this website is horrible for people who need help with PC based games. And for some reason whenever i tried to get help for PC based software it kept directing me to Xbox stuff.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

This forum's for the Xbox 360 and it's games/hardware.  You want PC support.

forums.xbox.com/.../8569.aspx

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.