dark souls reviews are in and incredible

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I was actually considering the game. Then I read this.

"Curious players have also wondered about how Dark Souls on Xbox 360 will handle Party Chat and Private Chat functionality. Well, the game does not support player-to-player voice chat over Xbox Live. At all. No real surprises there. However, if players engage a Party Chat session, Dark Souls will instantly kick you out of your current game and boot you to the main menu."

Then I lol'd.

Voice chat is for cowards. Real men use carrier pigeons.

[quote user="Bon3zz1001"]

if players engage a Party Chat session, Dark Souls will instantly kick you out of your current game and boot you to the main menu."

[/quote]

o.O

I'll get this monster next year.

The game is hard as hell.

Bargain bin mode with no party chat.

lol you should see the people defending the lack of party chat

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_360_games/a_d/f/2134/t/77725.aspx

Regardless, I'll be buying this game.  The first game I bought when I picked up my PS3 was Demons Souls.  Fantastic experience.  My only gripe was having to use a catalyst/talisman for magic.  Chat wasn't an issue, I had no friends with a PS3 and my internet connection sucked.  

Still looks fun even without party chat.

[quote user="Bon3zz1001"]

"Curious players have also wondered about how Dark Souls on Xbox 360 will handle Party Chat and Private Chat functionality. Well, the game does not support player-to-player voice chat over Xbox Live. At all. No real surprises there. However, if players engage a Party Chat session, Dark Souls will instantly kick you out of your current game and boot you to the main menu."

Then I lol'd.

[/quote]

What in God's name....?

I don't get it. Why would they do this? I like to be in a party chat with a friend or two while I am playing a single player experience, especially if they are playing the same game as me. This sucks.