Dark Souls II will be "more understandable"

Here is the link.

I am super excited for this game don't get me wrong, but a new director and the more understandable part are worrying to me. I like that the story is vague.

Any way, here is a small bit of the link:

One of the biggest reveals during the 2012 Video Game Awards show on Friday was Dark Souls II for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. Little is known about the project, but now new director Tomohiro Shibuya (who replaced Demon's Souls and Dark Souls director Hidetaka Miyazaki) has revealed the game will be more direct than past Souls games.

"[Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable," Shibuya toldEdge.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Personally I don't care so much for the story, so that doesn't bother me too much. I do hope they're more straigthforward with armor stats and levels, though.

I remember with my first character I was on NG++, using a fire greatsword +5 and leveling my strength in the hopes of hitting higher ( didn't have an HD-TV at the time so couldn't even read the menu descriptions well ). If they'd just give some small tutorial on weapon damage and armor benefits ( weigth, poise ) I bet it'd help people out, alot.

One of my biggest gripe with this Gen is the thought of games being changed or altered to appeal to an audience that didn't appreciate it in the first place. I hope this is not the case with Dark Souls 2, but I can't help but feel apprehensive after seeing what happened to Mass Effect/Dragon Age.

^^ Well we just have to hope EA doesn't ever get involved.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

^^  Seconded.

I hope they don't introduce some sort of storyline that is expressed through long cutscenes that splinter the experience. I'm okay with them for, say, introductions like Vamos' enterance. But I don't want big cutscenes with dialouge.

^^ Cutscenes with dialog would totally ruin it. I love that there isn't much dialog or really any cutscenes.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Im actually for a storyline even if its a small one. Demon Souls had a story that was more apparent in the beginning but after the first hour and a half you forgot it. As long as it retains the same difficulty im perfectly fine with it.

I prefer the storytelling the way it is. Having your own speculation on certain things and not being spoon fed every detail is nice for once. I really enjoy reading item descriptions for more information and the like instead of them shoving it down your throat. The Ceaseless Discharge encounter wouldn't have been as involving or anything if they blatantly told you when going in what everything was about. It was more of a shock and hit that no estus could remedy after you learned the truth.

I like it as well, but if they worked it in and it wasn't intrusive, I'd say it would be fine. For example, if Ornstien and Smough had some lines before they attacked you adding to the lore, it would be okay by me.

Hmm, possibly. I like it more that they're silent. Gives more of an imposing feeling instead of some speech or random talk before they fight you.