Dark souls FRAME RATE Issue

Got this today on games for gold
And was wondering if there is an update for the game as i was not prompted to update and the game is years old now
I was hoping there would be an update to solve the bad mechanics and mainly the FRAME RATE as i must be getting around 10 fps. Without an update to fix these issues the game is unplayable.

As with Saints row the other month you have to pay £7 to play co op It seems like they are just giving us games which have a catch to them and in dark souls case a broken game       M$ you keep disappointing me over and over again 

NOT A HAPPY BUNNY

Love cappasgt

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Where do you notice the frame rate drops? Blighttown and New Londo Ruins are famous for horrible frame rates. Other than that, there have been updates, but nothing can perfectly fix the frame rate as it simply is too much for the consoles to handle.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

I assume you play Games with Gold version? It's been confirmed that Microsoft *** it up and uploaded version 1.0 of the game with no way to update. So you see all the issues both technical and balance that were fixed in retail game with patches are not fixed in digital release.

Microsoft seem to not know about this issues, so do your best and contact support. If more people complain maybe they will do something about it and fix updates missing from GoG release.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"I assume you play Games with Gold version? It's been confirmed that Microsoft *** it up and uploaded version 1.0 of the game with no way to update. So you see all the issues both technical and balance that were fixed in retail game with patches are not fixed in digital release.

Microsoft seem to not know about this issues, so do your best and contact support. If more people complain maybe they will do something about it and fix updates missing from GoG release."

Oh... so THAT explains why the game says "You Defeated" every time you kill a boss...

I also noticed the framerate issue, I played this game on PC so when I got to this version and saw its horrendous framerate I was instantly turned off because I had heard the worst of it was in Blighttown, and if Undead Parish ran THIS laggy then I didn't even want to know what Blighttown was like.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

in case people have not noticed the game is patching now... framerate is still an issue and it stills says "You Defeated" but all the other translation issues seem to be fixed as well as balancing problems

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is that even in the free GWG version?

If the frame rates are better with a retail disk, I wouldn't mind going with the disk and installing it. If that means I lose my current game, eh. I can use a new build. The one I have is a bit lacking in some areas.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 19, 2021 Views 156 Applies to: