Dark Souls for PC campaign gathers pace

[quote]An online petition campaigning for a PC version of Dark Souls has caused enough commotion to be noticed by publisher Namco Bandai.

Last week's Dark Souls for PC petition skyrocketed from 7000 to over 65,000 signatures in seven days.

"Damn you are amazing!" wrote community manager Tony Shoupinou on the Namco Bandai forum.

"I honestly wasn't expecting such massive support. My boss(es) even came to talk to me about this after it exploded all around the world. If you wanted to have the attention of Namco Bandai Games, now you have it."

Shoupinou urged gamers to continue their campaign for Dark Souls on PC.

"The future is in your hands," he wrote, "and I hope you will keep supporting this. I will make a personal objective to make sure every relevant person at Namco Bandai Games is in touch with this formidable effort."

Eurogamer has contacted Namco Bandai about Dark Souls on PC. We'll update if and when anything comes back.[/quote]

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-13-dark-souls-pc-petition-gets-namco-bandais-attention

Good for them I say, the more formats this is on the better. If Namco and FROM can consider Ninja Blade worthy of a PC port then why not this. Really hope they succeed with this campaign.  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

No not on pc ever!!! Too easily modded hacked and ruined it should stay as it is on consoles, I play games on both and have never come across a game until now that I thought should be left alone this is the worst possible format ever for this game I shudder at the thought, for many reasons. Lets keep it pure hope the devs resist the urge because once this hits a pc it is ruined, pc players should come to console land for a change and play a game as it was meant to be not how much community crap you can mod it with because you want to change it to your own liking.

Because there hasn't been anyone running around with hacked characters on the console...

[quote user="VernierSlake"]

Because there hasn't been anyone running around with hacked characters on the console...

[/quote]

Damn skippy. I run into hacked character who were invaders on the xbox a few times. If you don't play it on the PC, then why complain about that???

.The way I see it, it may even be better on the PC since the modding community. If it was to come out on PC, then the modding community would go CRAZY with this game.

It doesn't bother me what pc users do with it. I'll play on the 360 and not be bothered. The way I see it, if people want it, give it too them. Hopefully they'll realize they need to make another game like it.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="brandiesel1"]

It doesn't bother me what pc users do with it. I'll play on the 360 and not be bothered. The way I see it, if people want it, give it too them. Hopefully they'll realize they need to make another game like it.

[/quote]This pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

As for modded characters, they exist now?  How often do they pop up and in what way are they modded?

I haven't seen any modded players, but I have seen some obvious griefers using the Bottomless-Box glitch.   So in my opinion, let's work on fixing the existing platforms before we move onto the next one.

^^ What is that glitch?

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="Lactos292"]

[quote user="brandiesel1"]

[/quote]This pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

As for modded characters, they exist now?  How often do they pop up and in what way are they modded?

[/quote]

You'll see guys in the Book of the Guilty (buy it from the belltower merchant) who are SL25 but have maxed out stats, equipment and miracles. Hence hacked characters.