Damage circuits question

One thing I've been wondering for a while now is if once a weapon's damage bar is maxed, if you keep inserting damage circuits, does the damage keep going up?

Because once a weapon's clip bar is maxed, if you keep putting in clip size circuits, the clip size on the gun keeps going up despite the bar being full already.  So in theory this would apply to the other three stats too, but then again maybe they wouldn't let that happen with damage because things like rockets would have close to two bars full of damage, and totally merc stuff.  

Does anybody know the answer to this?   

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm not sure if it does or doesn't. I guess a way to test would be making an item with damage just touching the end, find an enemy that takes a bit to kill, and use it. Return to the bench and slap on more damage and see if it takes the same amount to kill them? That's the only way I can think of testing it properly, really.

*Enemy spoiler*  Yeah I was thinking about testing rockets on the large aliens.  They take four rockets usually with the damage just hitting at the end of the bar.  I'll try it and post what happens, unless somebody answers the question before that.  Because if you could stack damage after the bars full, a MK-V rocket with +12 damage would be devastating.  

Also does anybody know or notice how much extra damage the MK-V damage support mod does?  Best guess?  It doesn't show any stat changes when you equip it.  Maybe I'll test that too.

I think the MK V damage mod applies the same damage as the normal and MK II ones. The only additional stat they increase over the extra version are the clip size (If I recall right). As for how much that is? No idea.

You're right the MK-V's mods don't do more damage.  Just clip size bonuses.  For some reason I just have MK's on the brain haha.  My guess is those damage mods only add one or two notches of damage.

Curious if you AND your partner have the damage mod on, +12 damage chips, SCAF frame, and whatever else I'm missing if it does more damage than simply touching the end of the bar.

Tested it out.  Same difficulty, same enemy, same rocket shot placement (feet), and no ammo type mods in both cases.  First time a rocket launcher with a normal frame, no mods, and the damage just to the end of the bar.  Took 5 rockets to take down a large alien.  Reloaded the checkpoint and tried with a rocket with a S.C.A.F. frame, a damage mod, and +12 damage.  Only took 2 shots lol.  So point of all this is continue to add damage circuits even when the bar is maxed, because technically it's not maxed.  Makes me wonder what happens when you have two damage mods on one gun, and the person playing with you has two damage mods on one gun.  Based on what I just found out, my guess would be it all stacks.

[quote user="Zen like Rage"]

*Enemy spoiler*  Yeah I was thinking about testing rockets on the large aliens.  They take four rockets usually with the damage just hitting at the end of the bar.  I'll try it and post what happens, unless somebody answers the question before that.  Because if you could stack damage after the bars full, a MK-V rocket with +12 damage would be devastating.  

Also does anybody know or notice how much extra damage the MK-V damage support mod does?  Best guess?  It doesn't show any stat changes when you equip it.  Maybe I'll test that too.

[/quote]

Let us know what you find out. I always thought when the bar is maxed out that's it, so I start loading up other parameters. Which is nice, to make a well rounded powerful weapon.

Maybe I'll test it too on the Alien Necros, which as you said, normally take about 4 rockets on Hard.

[quote user="Zen like Rage"]

Tested it out.  Same difficulty, same enemy, same rocket shot placement (feet), and no ammo type mods in both cases.  First time a rocket launcher with a normal frame, no mods, and the damage just to the end of the bar.  Took 5 rockets to take down a large alien.  Reloaded the checkpoint and tried with a rocket with a S.C.A.F. frame, a damage mod, and +12 damage.  Only took 2 shots lol.  So point of all this is continue to add damage circuits even when the bar is maxed, because technically it's not maxed.  Makes me wonder what happens when you have two damage mods on one gun, and the person playing with you has two damage mods on one gun.  Based on what I just found out, my guess would be it all stacks.

[/quote]

But which difficulty did you test it on?

Normal.  So yeah damage works the same way as clip size.  Even though the bar is full, you can keep raising the stat as much as you want.  I imaginge the second rocket launcher I was using had two or more bars full of damage.  Had to have been if a full damage barred rocket took fives shots, and the other took only two with the only variable being more damage (mods, circuits, and S.C.A.F. frame).  No ammo type was used in either case (electricity, acid, or flame).

The single player crafting mode is a great way to test, the only downside is it only spawns a few types of enemies. Would be nicer to test it on harder necros.