Daily challenges won't load

I've only ever been able to play a daily challenge once.  I general error code 009000 every time.  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

Hello MsLesaM,

Most game malfunctions are due to updates that failed to install correctly. Please try the following steps to make certain that everything is up to date:

1. Press the Windows key

2. Type in Windows Update

3. Under the search bar you see on the right, choose Check for Updates

4. In the Windows Update screen, press the Check Now button

5. Even if it doesn't seem to find any updates, click on View Details

6. Install any updates you see that haven't been installed- including optional ones

7. Restart using the restart option from the shutdown menu.

Then please try these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + R

2. In the box, type wsreset.exe  and press Enter

3. This will re-launch the Windows Store

4. Hover over the right-hand side to bring up the charm bar

5. Choose Settings

6. Choose App Updates

7. Choose Sync licenses

If you find that these steps show that you are completely up to date, then please try the following in order to fix any possible corruption in the game’s files.  Uninstall the game and then restart your system by selecting the “Restart” option from the shutdown menu.  Once you’re back up and running, press the Windows Key+R and type wsreset.exe in the dialog box and press Enter.  This will refresh and re-open the Windows Store app and you can reinstall the game.  

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps do not get you back into the game.

I've done the suggestions up to uninstalling the game and this is where I get confused.  This is a fairly new pc and my first time with windows 8.1.  Why can I not figure out how to uninstall the game?  It came pre-installed, it isn't on the list in the change/uninstall programs.  I went into the windows store and it doesn't give me the option to uninstall.  Help?

I've done all the above steps including uninstalling and reinstalling the app and I'm still getting the same error code.  :(

Hello again MsLesaM,

I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps didn't resolve the error. It appears based on this error that there is a possible issue with how your Windows is handling certain types of files. As much as I hate to do this, at this point you'll need to contact the experts over at Windows support as this is outside our area of expertise. We will do whatever we can to help you with your games but when it's a deeper issue involving the operating system, they're really the best people to contact. You can reach them at http://support.microsoft.com Once again, we're really sorry we can't help you any further but when it comes to issues outside of our games it's best to send you to people who can help get them resolved more expediently.  Thanks.