Daily Challenge Broken After Update

How can I remove the most recent Solitaire Collection update installed on my Surface?  I was notified of an available update on April 13th, I installed it, and now I can't play the Daily Challenges!!!  All I see are error codes 2408 and 13408.  Does Microsoft even verify that the updates work before distributing them?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

The daily challenges are broken for many games right now: Solitaire, Mahjong, Minesweeper, etc. Also, I was getting those errors before I updated, so I don't think it's related to the update.

What is the root cause of  'Error code 02408'??

Is this problem similar to December's 'error 011000' ???????

Sorry to hear that; I've never seen these errors until after the update.  Since the daily challenges are broken for so many games right now hopefully Microsoft is actually working to fix it but I wouldn't be surprised if they're not.

I don't know the cause of Error Code 002408, and I don't know if it's similar to Error Code 011000 because I've never seen it.

I don't believe the errors are due to the most recent update.  I haven't done the latest update and I'm seeing the same errors.  Hopefully it will be up and running soon :-).

COOL. Hoorah. We are back in BUSINESS.

Thanks Xbox & Microsoft. I love you and Windows 8