Daedric Quest: A Night to Remember

Any advice please. I can't seem to locate the NPC to start this quest.Tried lots of different Inns, starting in Whiterun, but can't locate him anywhere. Have I killed him somehow?

I have completed all the other daedric quests and my achievements stand at 970/1000. This is my last one to get 1000/1000.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It triggers at level 14 I think. If you have done all the other Daedric quests though you should be way past that. Just go to the main inn of every major city. Go to the bar and this guy in a black robe should talk to you. I don't know why he wouldn't....

The quest triggers at lvl 14, Sam usually wanders around from one inn to the next on any given day of the week(one evening he'll be in one inn the next evening he'll be at another)  Try looking in the inns after 7p.m., he usually will be sitting at a random table or around the Innkeeper.  I think for me it helped to do other quests while I was looking around for Sam.  Kinda like once you stop looking for something, you'll find it, you know?  Hope that helps!

Same thing happened to me at 970/1000 when I was working the Oblivion Walker Achievement. That Sam G. guy never showed up, so I never got the Sanguine Rose. I was far past level 14.  Some suggested that I might have declined his offer initially to have the drinking contest, in which case they claimed he would remain at that same tavern waiting for my return. I searched EVERY bar and tavern in Skyrim and never found him.  To this day, I've wondered if a dragon or a bandit or a stray shot might have got him????   Anyway, I had to start a new game to get that achievement. The good news is that the new game goes pretty quickly when Oblivion Walker is all you need to do. Last one requires level 30 or thereabouts.

I ended up finding Sam in Whiterun when I was lvl 33.  I doubt sam was eaten by a dragon or anything.  Though I do have to admit that it has to be one of the most frustrating quests to start simply because sam isn't only at one Inn...  Like if you look in solitude for him he might be on the other side of Skyrim or something.  I remember skyrim wiki used to have a schedule of where he would be on certain nights, I'm not seeing it though :\...

The advice I now give people is that when Sam G shows up and challenges you to a drinking contest, drop whatever else you're doing and accept his challenge. Don't take the chance of losing him!

Yeah, you can wait to do the events after you drink if you want. I always thought it was fun to go through it though. One of my favorite quests. I was the first of my group of friends that did this quest and they all thought I was joking.

I found him last night in Darwin at the Inn can't recall the name of it i want to say it was called the keepsake in but don't quote me on that its been along day....

You can't kill Sam.

Don't really want to start a new game, but like you say it wouldn't take long to complete Daedric quests as I know a few short cuts and which one's to do first.

Thanks for other advice guys. I will keep looking!

Daedric quests were fun, and the requirements are minuscule. If you do power levelling things, without glitches, you'll have the achievement is 6 hours. OH AND DO IT ON EASY.