Customer Service Debacle #1229783452

My name is Justin Zimmerman.

I've been a loyal follower of XBOX since Halo 1. XBOX 360 at launch. XBOX ONE at launch.

I'm okay with the fact that the XBOX ONE has a number of UI and chat issues. You're working it out. I don't like it, but I get it.

But I'm not okay with your current customer service.

I bought Battlefield 4 at launch, along with three other games. And the season pass to BF4 boot. I have fantastic internet. It's been insanely hard to get into games. I've been dropped more times than I can count. I've lost all my guns and progress. I've spent days in great games followed by days when I haven't been able to play with another person. I finally had enough and contacted customer service.

I was eventually reimbursed for my season pass. It took over 30 minutes of waiting and almost 30 more minutes of back and forth. Furthermore, when I asked for a customer service email to ask about the larger issues surrounding online support and the game in general, I was condescended to, given the runaround and eventually DROPPED from the chat.

THIS is how brand loyalty is rewarded?

THIS is how XBOX supporters are treated?

THIS is how launch titles are tested, supported and processed by Microsoft?

I was told to post my issues on this forum. So here you go. Microsoft, you can look me up using the reference # above. Feel free to contact me. Regardless, I will be sharing this interaction with others.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The rep through live chat TOLD ME to post my issue and the # of this forum.

I was discussing CUSTOMER SERVICE along with an individual game. That is ALL Microsoft.

And Microsoft has NO RESPONSIBILITY for a game that has THEIR MACHINE'S NAME on the box cover?

That they SUPPORT with their online service?

Please.

Justin Zimmerman

# 1229783452

It's all EA/DICE's fault for how poorly BF4 runs on Xbox One along with other platforms complain on their forums here.The game was rushed and that's why it's in the state that it's in now, but be happy that you at least were refunded for your purchase of BF premium.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

If it makes you feel better a law suit has been filed against EA ceo's

www.gamespot.com/.../1100-6416790

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

It's all EA/DICE's fault for how poorly BF4 runs on Xbox One along with other platforms complain on their forums here.The game was rushed and that's why it's in the state that it's in now, but be happy that you at least were refunded for your purchase of BF premium.

[/quote]....yeah, that's an exercise in futility bud, and talkin' to those guys over at EA and Origin on the phone is like talkin' to Freud without the coke problem ...a bunch of passive "really's", "you don't say's", and "what do you think that means'' in very heavy, hard to understand accents .....yet, not one of them is even aware that their POS game isn't working properly ....very very confidence inspiring

I think BF4 was a cool idea...but they're never going to fix the servers ....sadly, this is as good as it gets ...which is completely broken

It only makes sense to help this person point his/her frustrations towards the people who are responsible for releasing the game in it's current state. Microsoft doesn't control the multiplayer servers because it's run by EA or had anything to do with the development of the game for the Xbox One.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

hmmm.....but doesn't XBL "thoroughly test" all this crap before releasing it to us mere mortals?

I'm not HAPPY about anything regarding my customer service experience with XBOX, especially as a loyal gamer. Which was my point. Microsoft is surely accountable for their own customer service ineptitude. Furthermore, PARALLAX is right. Microsoft sells a product with obvious customer expectations. Says so on the back of the box. I buy their LIVE service to play GAMES with their LOGO on the case ONLINE, as is promised. SO they obviously have a stake in the sale and experience of the product. REGARDLESS, my original point stands...no email address, no larger complaint system, poor customer service...this I lay at Microsoft's door, here, as the online chap told me to do. Guess what...HE LIED. No customer service rep got in touch with me as he promised. Do I blame EA for that too?

I'd fire the the guy that told you to come here.  The forums are ran and monitored by Volunteers, not Microsoft employee's.

Secondly,  it's dice's fault that battlefield doesn't work, not Microsoft's. Just because the Xbox one logo's on the game box, doesn't mean MS is to blame. Because if that were the case, I could phone up PC World (where I bought my gaming pc from) and demand a refund for battlefield from them, even though they only built and sold my pc. If EA ran Battlefield of the cloud Server's,  you'd have a point.  

Take your argument to Dice/EA (like the thousands of other people) or, wait for the new week to start. Every work place will be back to normal this Monday, so I'm suspecting an update.  

To be fair Battlefield does not use Microsoft's matchmaking servers. That's why Dice games are always broken for the first few months after they release. It takes a while for people to stop playing until you can actually find a game.