Customer Service Abuse

okay, so, online costomer service via email is giving me the best jerking around ive ever had and i was just wondering how *ahem* "abusive" one could get away with here (without making any actual threats). i dont want to be dropped as a customer  (i really dont feel comfortable saying what it is), but they are really taking me for a spin. is it ethical... can they actually do it... ?? ...drop me as a customer for telling off one of their online customer service reps??

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nope have at em. I had an exchange with them last year and they were being idiots. I gave them a peice ofmy mind and it wanst nice. THey are doing it again lately with Games for windows live marketplace. Give em hell. and let MS know their support folk are worthless ***

Erm...yeah they could. Would it be smart? no. Will they? no. Companies can choose NOT to serve you for being abusive or stupid. Although most will just hang up on you. ;) I wouldn't worry about it. Ask for a supe, be nice, well spoken keep from swearing and keep a cool head. I know it's hard, but it'll go a lot farther with service reps than yelling...(as a CSR for another company)

Being a customer service agent has got to be one of the worst jobs in the world.  All day long all you deal with are unhappy people.

They are there to hear your complaints. Have at it.

[quote user="isturbo1984"]

okay, so, online costomer service via email is giving me the best jerking around ive ever had and i was just wondering how *ahem* "abusive" one could get away with here (without making any actual threats). i dont want to be dropped as a customer  (i really dont feel comfortable saying what it is), but they are really taking me for a spin. is it ethical... can they actually do it... ?? ...drop me as a customer for telling off one of their online customer service reps??

[/quote]I find you reap what you sew in life, if you are polite and patient with them and maybe offer some praise they tend to help you alot more, if you give them a hard time they agree with what you say then disregard it as soon as you hang up.

Assuming they aren't some recorded robot (I hate these the worst) then I always go the route WILKO said, polite, patient and remember that they are people just working for a company that doesn't even know they exist............and think of how many issues 'they' have to deal with that are not even their doing, has to be a terrible job, no wonder this industry is outsourced so often, yuck!  But depending on how far you have gone with the issue and if you are truly fed up, have at it, it is not the end of the world if they do drop you.

[quote user="WILK0"]I find you reap what you sew in life, if you are polite and patient with them and maybe offer some praise they tend to help you alot more, if you give them a hard time they agree with what you say then disregard it as soon as you hang up.[/quote]

Just to add to what WILK0 said here.  It's not the fault of the person on the other end of the line.  Why abuse someone for something someone else did?  Even if that other person works in the same department.

Of course that doesn't mean you have to pander to what they say.  Be direct.  Be decisive.  Get your grievances across.  Let them know how the lack of service is affecting you.  Just leave the "abuse" out.  It's not needed. 

i'd say you're safe :P

Strange problem with e-mail.  I've always just called, and if the person is rude or unhelpful I just thank them and call back.  Eventually you get someone who really wants to help.  

Being rude back via e-mail just givs the person on the other end the option to make you a pet project for them to torrment whenever they are having a bad day.

Just tell them that this phone call is being recorded for personal training on how to deal with a dimwit.  works a charm as I have done before.