Custom game search please?

Why Is there no option to host a public custom game? I have a 5 meg upload connection and would gladly host. Can we get a way to search for custom games in an update please? That way people can play the maps they want, with the settings they want. I think the majority of people would love this, instead of only having matchmaking which randomly chooses the best connection to host, with it's choice being very bad sometimes. Not to mention being able to host your own and downloaded maps/game types. Why wouldn't this be an option?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

We could host public sniper/shotgun matches, swords only, pistols only, normal games, only new maps when they hit...whatever, the options are endless.

Lol I guess I should go sign up on the 343 forums if I actually want to get something going here eh?

I couldn't really care less for this, and would almost prefer it didn't happen.

Almost... I'm not certain.

Well that makes no sense at all, you could just not use the feature and just use normal matchmaking, why would you shoot down something that wouldnt even affect you if you didn't use it. I'm guessing your one of the guys that grenades your own teams vehicles when your not first to it? See if I were the host I could easily boot you, and not wait for you to betray 3 teammates before you get booted for betraying!

I don't attack my teammates, no. If I don't get something I don't care, and I barely even use power weapons/vehicles anyway. Good guess though?

While I did say I'm not certain whether I'd mind it or not, I don't support popular modes where the Host can boot people and I would rather not see the population split between Multiplayer and Custom Games. I've also never been a fan of any of the stupid crap that seems to be outrageously popular in Custom Games, so that's another reason I'd rather not have it.

What you mentioned about your connection means little as well, as the vast majority of people could host a satisfactory game. Issues are more likely to be caused by the lack of a region search and people or Hosts using their network while playing.

I'm sure you will find more support for your idea elsewhere but you'll also have the same problems with finding decent games if they don't include local search for this theoretical Custom Game search.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

I would rather not see the population split between Multiplayer and Custom Games.

[/quote]

And there's the answer, op.

Hi there Sabbath.

What do you think of H4?

Maybe because some us don't want host advantage.

someone hosts every game you play. have you ever seen it say "choosing the best connection"?  

I suspect he knows that, he just doesn't want to or doesn't feel he needs to be the Host. While I wouldn't say the Host gets invincibility, they certainly do get an advantage and I can understand and do hold his point of view.