crossbows and theater

Anyone ever happen to track a crossbow bolt in theater?

I thought it would be cool to record a stick in slow motion ........ well when I tried, at first I had what I thought was a phenomenal kill.

The bolt disappeared, but the guy's weapon gets jammed through his head. No matter what angle I play it at, I cant see where the bolt sticks him. All I see is his weapon go through his own head, then a split second later, the bolt is laying on the ground between his legs facing the opposite direction.

I thought "WOW, I shot the arrow right down the barrel of his gun!"    .... no proof of what happened though, so I tried the next stick that I got.

Again , I can trace the arrow, and it's trail up to a few feet away, then it disappears, and you can hear the thud. When the bolt appears again it is hanging in the air about 6 inches away from him.

If you care to check it out, its in my recent games ........ launch ..... today (24th) 16:34 ..... both are at the very beginning

I'm curious though ............. anyone have any idea how this works, I was trying to trace a couple earlier, and watched one I stuck into a helicopter ( did very little damage to it btw) and another one that I traced until it went so far off the map that I couldnt follow it any more. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

In regards to the "weapon in the face", that's just the split instant between their character being alive and dead. The weapon doesn't just fall from where they were holding it, but seems to be a predetermined spot. I've seen it quite a few times in Theater mode even when they're killed with regular bullets. The gun just pops up from their hands and looks like it's sticking out of their face.

Another question I have too, is how much damage they do to aircraft. I stuck the same attack heli last night with 2 bolts, plus shot a couple mags of bullets into it before it flew away with it only smoke damage.

On a side note ....... did you know the gunner in a cg has no face ........ or head .. just an empty helmet.

[quote user="patricia is rad"]

It looks like that's what happened, but then you see it on the ground. They're sticky bolts, so I don't know if that's possible.

But you can just tell yourself that's what happened..

[/quote]

I guess the thing was I was looking for a cool clip and got one, regardless of what really happened.

I would think if it hit his weapon, it would have shown it stuck in the weapon, since theater does show the bolt until it sticks in an inanimate object. But it does seem weapons have different properties than most objects ... maybe I'll have to do some experimenting to see if they will stick in a weapon.

I think it's funny though just how theater works for the sticks ..... the bolt disappears several feet from the guy, sometimes you see a blood splatter where it hits him, but then it reappears, either between his legs or just behind him as if it travels through his body and falls out his butt.

Yea that tends to happen in Killcams too. The bolt wont actually stick, but float somewhere outside the body. Thing is, that didnt happen when the game first came out. I had a few clips where I stuck people in the eye, groin, bungus etc.

It looks like that's what happened, but then you see it on the ground. They're sticky bolts, so I don't know if that's possible.

But you can just tell yourself that's what happened..

Watch for yourself .................. did I shoot the guy's own weapon through his face?