Crew capacity increased to 1,000

We’ve got some great news especially for the large Social Club Crews out there who’ve long since hit the historic member cap ceiling of 300. We’ve now more than tripled the maximum member cap for all user-made Crews to allow for up to 1,000 people in your ranks.

So with the ability to seriously swell your Crew roster head count, it’s time for some heavy-duty rallying and recruiting and we’ll certainly be on the lookout to see who truly grows their army or consolidates forces amongst affiliate Crews. Be sure to use your Crew's profile page feed and in-game messaging features this weekend to set up a few lobbies to meet, greet, audition or orient your new Crew mates (remember that in GTA Online. you earn 10% more RP for Jobs completed with a Crew member). And with join requests likely to come raining down heavy and fast, Crew Leaders and Commissioners should make sure your Crew Hierarchyis in order to help deal with the new recruits.  

With Crew headcount now reaching four figures, it's also a perfect time to get familiar with the recently released Crew Head to Head Playlist challenge feature. To initiate a Crew Head to Head, you'll need to create a Playlist that does not contain Vehicle Deathmatches, Survivals or any Jobs that require more than 2 teams. Head to My Playlists in the Online menus and you will see the option to start a "Head to Head (BETA)" by clicking the right stick on your game controller. From the lobby screen you can go ahead and invite other players from your own Crew, Friend's Crew or from Skill Matched Crews. You'll need to have some cash in your wallet to set the wager - the minimum is $1000 - but the ultimate Crew bragging rights are worth much more.

We're also taking the occasion of this new Crew update to kick off the first Grand Theft Auto Online Crew vs Crew battle live stream this Friday February 7th at 2pm ET broadcasting from our official Twitch and YouTube channels. Tune in then to see us pit two bloodthirsty Crews against each other over the course of a curated Playlist of Rockstar Verified and Rockstar Created Jobs. Note that one Rockstar dev player will join each side to play in order to facilitate streaming and to keep things fair. We've already reached out to a few of the toughest Crews around (we'll be confirming the first matchup sometime this week) and will be contacting others soon. If you would like to be considered for the live stream battles, please get in touch with us at *** Email address is removed for privacy *** telling us your Crew name, a link to your Crew profile page, the specific platform you would like to stream on and a reason why you should feature on the stream. We may also show preference in selecting your Crew if you have a video that showcases your ability at competitive game modes - and if there's a specific Crew with whom you have beef you'd like to settle in a public arena - so definitely let us know via email. If we like what we see, we will get back in touch to find out your availability and to try and coordinate an upcoming battle. If you aren't picked, then stay out there and keep on truckin'. We're always on the lookout for Crews that are representing hard. (Although please note that anyone spamming the email or the comments section will automatically be disqualified from consideration!)

As always, for notifications of when our stream goes live, hit the subscribe and follow buttons on our YouTube, Twitch and Twitter channels and keep an eye out here at the Rockstar Newswire for Crew Cut recaps of the battles and announcements of upcoming skirmishes.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

That seems like a over kill to me.  Yeah I suppose you could have multiple crew battles at once to get a bunch of wins.  But could also get a bunch of losses as well.  Been a while since I played but what is that server size limit?  16 or 20 players?  I forgot.  Been busy playing world of tanks 15vs15.  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Only 993 more members for my crew to reach max capacity!

Game is pretty stale now.  Heck my 100 buddylist was all rocking GTA5 when it was first released.  Now a couple are playing story mode casually.  You can tell this game hit rock bottom.  Yeah I have a few friends that didn't get this and plan getting it soon.  But even then i'll just be showing them the right missions to grind to get the $400K property and stock up on some money for them to have few nice cars and i'll be bored yet again.

Stale is right. I have been mucking around Online for a few hours, but it has no fun value.

Been playing the free Dead Island and World of Tanks.  Waiting to get into WARFACE beta soon.  I got the first email.  Just waiting for the beta key next.

How is World of Tanks?

World of tank is one of those games for free.  But if you have microsoft dollars you can by gold for the game to get 1.5 X XP and which is called premium.  Or buy premium tanks.  Kinda like how WSOP was as well.  Free game but option to buy stuff with actually money.  Kinda like GTA5 shark cards.  Haven't been playing much for tank since Dead Island been out now.  I have reached the Sherman tank already for USA medium class tanks.  World of tanks is 15vs15.  WARFACE is another game that will be free after the beta is over.  There's a video of it.  Kinda looks like COD but has BF3 defib's to revive the dead.

Congratulations, R*. Now get back to fixing the game like you are supposed to...

[quote user="LegendOfGta"]

Congratulations, R*. Now get back to fixing the game like you are supposed to...

[/quote]

I haven't seen you post in forever. Believe it or not they are trying. They let Microsoft know as they try to patch things. I work in XBOX hardware. I have high hopes they will have it figured out within the next few weeks. Nice to see you back.

A true Legend has entered the ring. Good to have you back.

Tanks is a good game, but most players will spend $100+ on it or more if you want the full experience, though you can grind your way to similar status. I did the beta, done grinded 4 times starting all over, sort of like taking candy form a baby at times since Ive done it. fun for 5-10 games, then back to COD or GTAV