Credit/Console Ban

Ok, I am new. I really only play Reach in online Matchmaking. I don't even know if you can play another online way...I am that shallow in my knowledge.

But...my 5 & 7 year olds play the Campaign mode and others...like Forge (?). They use the camera to move stuff around. I didn't even know you could do that or would even have a reason to do that.

And in the past couple days, when I log into Halo, it says my console is banned from getting credits and my account is banned from getting credits. What happened? I am so confused as to what caused this or how to fix it. Is it permanent?

I searched for a solution but these forums are confusing to me (I am used to traditional styled forums).

Thanks for any help!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hmmm...do any of your kids or even you leave games? Leaving too many games can cause you to get banned from Matchmaking. It's strange that you're banned from receving cR. I can't really help you there. Sorry.

Are you banned or have you just reached the credit limit?

If you have been cR (credit) banned, it is not permanent. If you or your kids are consistently going into matchmade games and staying idle for extended periods of time, you will be cR banned temporarily. It is a precaution to stop people from ranking up without actually earning it. Also, if you have enough games in a certain period of time where you don't get any kills (even if you or your kids WERE actually playing), you can be cR banned.

~

The bans are given out automatically by a system that looks for patterns in game behavior. If it finds patterns in your gameplay that are similar or identical to gameplay methods which are not allowed, you will be suspended/banned from doing certain things.

~

If you feel that you have been incorrectly banned or suspended, contact 343 Industries or leave a post on their forums at halo.xbox.com.

~

***Note that Bungie is no longer in charge of Halo games or Reach's matchmaking, so contacting them or posting on their forums will be of no help.

~

Good luck!

This is exactly why I don't play Reach anymore. I will never pay 60$ just to get banned on a whim for quitting too many games and not getting enough credits or too much in a given amount of time. That was the day I closed my wallet to Halo games forever.

@FEAReacon, you'd never be banned for earning too many cR or not earning enough. Bans are put in place to stop people who are abusing the system from ruining the experience for others who are playing correctly. Majority rules, always. And the majority of people don't want to play with AFKers and habitual quitters. Quitting a few games every once in a while is perfectly fine. But if you're quitting every other game for some ridiculous reason or another, you SHOULD be banned. And that's exactly how it is. If the bans were a problem for you, then you should have changed your playing habits to meet the acceptable standards.

why is my account and console banned from earning credits my gamertag is coreyky28 and i didnt get any email saying that it had been banned for earning credits

@coreyky28, just overlooking your recent game history doesn't ring any alarms. However, I can't be bothered at the moment to look specifically into your games and who you played with. If you play consistently in a party with someone who is idling (either a friend, or a guest of yours), that is also grounds for a suspension. I'm not sure if anyone is ever e-mailed about their suspensions/bans. It usually just pops up in game.

no one that i play idling so i dont y im  banned for

Coreyky28 - I am assumming you have been banned since 8/14/2011 after looking at your game history. Remember it was this day you decided to sign in a guest controller and let it sit idle for numerous games. I am also guessing you signed it out shortly after getting the notice as the guest on your account disappeared and you continued playing. Please no excuses like my dog isn't very good becuase he does not have opposable thumbs, we have seen all the excuses.

Pilot-You also have numerous games with a guest with 1 or zero kills clustered together at times, then all of a sudden you and your guest start getting 5-10 kills each per game. On top of this you have a few games in a row with another player who had a guest with either zero kills or negative kills, not sure if they were actually in your party or just in the lobby, but enough games in a row and it can probably look like you are partied up with them.

For those who really want to contest their bans their is a new official thread in the forums at halo.xbox.com, but be warned if you contest a rightfully instituted ban you time will be doubled.

did not no a guest  was sing in to my acc my tv well wont let play with a guest player win well my banneds be  no more