Credit Card will not display as a payment option for Windows Phone

I have been on the phone and in chats regarding this issue and I can't seem to resolve it at all.

First thing is first. I have an AmEx tied to my account, I can purchase games with it on my Surface and on my XBox 360, that Amex also pays for my Gold Subscription every month. However, when I try to purchase something on my Windows Phone I only see a MasterCard and do not see my AmEx. I tried to get Microsoft to remove that MC from my account but they can't, they just keep telling me to wait until items on it clear. I haven't been able to remove it for months and it the balance is cleared, yet it says there is still a balance.

So I guess there's two things here.

1) I cannot see my AmEx for windows phone purchases. On my phone id does not display. If I go to windowsphone.com and try to purchase with my AmEx, I get an error saying "something went wrong". However, I can use that very same card with no issues on my Surface and Xbox 360.

2) I want to remove my MasterCard, there is no balance on it, and the card I want removed isn't even technically active anymore.

Let me know if more information is required. I'm beginning to become tired of talking about this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hiya Zero! Sorry to hear you've been having such trouble with this.

Have you tried going to commerce.microsoft.com and double checking your payment options?

Let us know if you need any more help! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes I've tried going through the commerce site. Both phone and chat reps asked me to do that. I've done basically every possible thing any rep has asked me, it's nothing I can do on my end. I've removed my amex and re added it several times, it simply won't show up on my windows phone as a payment options. I tried adding it on my XBox, Windows Phone, Surface RT, Commerse website, same thing happens.

Also, I'm unable to remove my MasterCard ending in **63 no matter what I do. Not even a chat or phone rep could remove it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok. Lets see.. When you go to purchase something on your WP8, select "Buy", and at the "Confirm Purchase" screen, there should be an option to "Add or switch payment methods". Do you see that, and does it let you add your Amex?

Sorry this didn't help.