Credit Card issues

For the past week my Visa keeps being denied when I try purchasing Microsoft Points. Called my bank and theres nothing wrong with my card, it should go through just fine, so I called Xbox live and they cant figure out why its being denied either. Never had a problem buying points or DLC's before with this card so why now all of a sudden am I being denied??? Anybody else having this problem???

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Is the billing info on your card the same as on file with Xbox billing info? Make sure there is no difference there from what the bank has on file and what xbox has on file, a simple typo will make this happen.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Also, you can go to billing.microsoft.com, sign in there and you can see if anything is outstanding on your card.

Sorry this didn't help.

Chiming in with a "me too". I have all my subscriptions on my Visa debit, I've used it to buy content before, and it works on other accounts. It did start working again, so it might be an on-and-off thing.

When it doesn't work, I tend to go to Amazon.com. If you're in the US, you can buy points codes there and they'll generate the code as soon as the purchase clears. It's *almost* as good as buying directly.

Sorry this didn't help.

Raett is correct, and amazon usually has great deals. If you use(d) the card for more than one account and one of them has an outstanding balance on it, for whatever reason, it will block the card from being used on LIVE, at all, ever. All discrepancies need to be cleared up, regardless of on what account in order for the payment method to work. Does this make sense?

Sorry this didn't help.

Its a Visa debit card It comes directly out of my checking account so there's never a balance owed. I have the money available in my account so that's definitely not the problem. I hope it will start working again though, like Raetts did. I will keep trying every couple days. All I can do I guess. Oy. Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

I would remove your payment method and then add it again, this may help.

Sorry this didn't help.

If it's tied to a subscription, you can't remove it. Support would be able to remove it and readd it.

You can still have a balance on the account, depending on your bank settings. Say you have a renewing subscription, and have insufficient funds, depending on your bank it'll reject or process anyway. So if you can't overdraw your account, you can have a declined balance.

With my secondary account, it was just added to buy my roommate's kids MC from Christmas, so definitely no declined balance there XD

Sorry this didn't help.