Credit card can't be added.

Hey guys, I was just trying to add a credit card, and it just tells me "Sorry we can't authorize this payment". I tried looking up the error code support, it said this problem might be caused because of Suspicious or fraudlent activites or my billing info is wrong. I'm pretty sure I didn't do any 'fraudlent' activites... I've also changed regions sometime ago, maybe that's what causing this? 

Note: This isn't my own credit card, I'm using my dad's.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 22 Applies to:

Ok, the address of the payment info must match the region info of the gamertag.  In other words, they must be in the same country.

Another option may be that your dad has limitations on the card.  If it is a refillable one, it won't work.  I would ask your dad to contact the credit card company/bank to ensure that Xbox is not a blocked for purchasing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Everything is matching... But whe I changed my region, I started getting that problem. Also, I used to buy games before I changed my region. It can also be added to my old account. I guess it's a problem with account. I could simply change my account to my old account but I have Gold Membership.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Simple,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with adding a credit card to your account.

I looked into your account and it looks like the account region does not match your physical location. If you've changed the region of your account to something other than your physical location, that will cause weird authorization issues like this.

We always recommend having your account region match your actual region to ensure the optimal Xbox Live experience. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, this did answer my question! But, when I set it to my own region, it gives me like, absolutely no games in my region. They are always what I wasn't looking for...

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah... I'm honestly sick and tired of this stuff... I've taken a whole day to figure out how to fix this, but couldn't... I've tried changing regions, I've tried making a new account and making a new start and I've tried other stuff... This is really getting frustrating...

Sorry this didn't help.

I also noticed that my dad's phone is being spammed about the bank rejected the payment everytime I try adding his credit card... :|

Sorry this didn't help.

This means that you've tried to add the card and use it so much that the credit card company/bank has blocked purchases from Xbox.  You really will need to have your dad contact them and let them know the issue.

Sorry this didn't help.