Cracked discs

Hello everyone I'm here to talk about my problem. Alright so about a week ago I was playing Black Ops for about an hour and a half and I got off to do other stuff. It was stupid of me but I left it in the Xbox (I always do). Alright so I come back about 3 hours later ready to get back on I turn on my Xbox and I try to play my Black Ops but it wouldn't read so i took it out looked at it there was a huge crack from the center to the end of the disc. I try to get it replaced by Microsoft but of course they wont replace it. I looked online and this happened to a lot of people. And to you Microsoft you are very stupid you need to fix something Playstation 3 may have been hacked but there games don't crack from use.

Did this happen to anyone else out there? if so share maybe they will fix there crappy work and be nicer to there buyers.(Doubtful)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

My roommate a while back did that (cracked Disc from the Case though) with his Madden Disc. But then again, he has mitts, not hands. Strange but of the almost 200 Games I own, not ever a single one like that?

did you move the xbox... or have a pet that could have.

The system had to have been moved....

I would be looking at Treyarch/Activision & not Microsoft... Treyarch/Activision, are in charge, of the quality of the discs they use etc..

They use the exact same disks as every other company that makes games for xbox...

Is it Microsoft, that supplies game developers, with discs..?

For starters make sure to always install the games on to your hard drive! I've ran into this problem a lot but ever since I went ahead and got a CD sleeve case I put all my games in that and have not had one problem with them cracking, for some reason removing the game out of the original game case it comes over time tends to start making the middle crack and it gets bigger and bigger till your game will not work anymore! try to be more careful or buy CD sleeve case to put all your games in it will save your games from cracking in the middle!

You could just go to a GAME store and ask them to fix the disc or replace the disk, it was £5 the last time I done this.

Yeah, buy disc warranty, when you purchase games etc.. They will replaced it, no questions asked...

The only time my Xbox got hungry and ate my disk was when I moved it. Totally wrecked the game with a huge circular scratch.