Crack in Halo: Reach???

Today I was playing Halo: Reach. Nothing special going on in my house. I sit in a chair when gaming. I was playing the mission Winter Contingency when all of a sudden, I was ejected to the campaign menu. I was playing with a friend and now on almost all of the campaign missions, I get the error stating 'players failed to load content' and my name is flashing. This is the equivalent to Halo telling me that I don't have the map when I do because it is a CAMPAIGN mission. Upon further inspection of the disc, I find a minute CRACK running about a third of the way into the disc. The crack is on the side where the laser reads but DOES NOT estend all the way through the disc. My console is one of the new XBox 360S consoles and no there was no tilting of the console. My console lays FLAT on top of my dresser which is made from CEDAR. The dresser itself weighs about 200 pounds. The dresser was not kicked, the console was not re-orientated, I was not jumping for joy on my inch-and-a-half  thick carpet of which the dresser has sunken into. There was no thunder clap that shook the whole 3 story house. Nothing that would have harmed my 360. To clarify, no this is not a laser burn that occurs from turning the 360 from vertical to horizontal or vice versa. If anybody has had this problem before, where a disc magically breaks, please tell me. All of my games are kept in case in the top drawer of afformentioned dresser. They have minor scratches but nothing that has until now affected gameplay. Any ideas to keep this from happening again would be appreciated. Also, I would love some condolences for my ruined disc and my wallet as I'll now have to be shelling out another $50 dollars for a new copy of Halo: Reach.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

The most common cause for cracks in disks is not pushing the "button" down in the middle of the game case when pulling them out.  After doing this repeatedly the stress eventually causes the disk to crack and will eventually make them unreadable.  Time to replace the disk I'm afraid.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The crack WAS NOT there when the game was put into the 360. Yes I push the button down when I remove the disc. I've owned disc reading systems since the PS1. I treat my discs with the UTMOST respect. It cracked while in my system.

Sorry this didn't help.

well i guess if you were playing the mission and then mid way you cant download that means the crack couldnt have happened before you put it in right or you wouldnt have been able to load it at all... i feel for you man but i doubt youll get any money or anything...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate, please call phone support about this issue at 800-4MY-XBOX.

Sorry this didn't help.