Cover System

One of the worst ever. What the hell were they thinking - it's a DOG.

If Shepard would duck out in the direction I'm pointing that would be a start, if he didn't stand up when I'm trying to duck out that'd be even better. Don't remember it being this useless in ME2 (greaaaaaat game), the game's regressed back to the broken pile of crap that was ME1.

Admit it fanboys - it's craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap purely on the back of a cover sytem I wish I could turn off it's that useless.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's even more fun when you want to exit cover and he/she insists on staying in it so much as rolling to the next cover instead.

i disagree, i love how they did the cover mechanics. it's quite a bit of fun trying to hit a console, but instead you take cover or roll, brilliant. and having to enter cover every time you want to climb to another level, and having a 50/50 chance of rolling instead climbing while in cover or using the double A tap speed climb, incredible.

The problem I had was I would run up to cover, stop next to it, press A and for some reason I would still Vault over the top of it right into the open battlefield. Yeah, that's a usefull tactic! Haha.

It's certainly not as slick as Gears but I certainly wouldn't call it bad.

I just don't remember it being like this in ME2 - I wish I still had it as I'd slip it in for comparison.

But it's fruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuustrating. As Darth said, the vaulting instead of cover. And if you're trying to shoot over the top of something as opposed to around the side of it, it's a roll of the dice as to wether Sheprad will just stand straight up and cop a teethfull.

What the hell did they do to it?

And trying to revive someone in multiplayer can be pretty impossible ><

[quote user="Barry The Gibb"]

What the hell did they do to it?

[/quote]

That's a damn good question. The combat system in ME2 was great.. why change what works? All they needed to do is combine the game play of ME2 with the story telling of ME1 and they would have had a perfect 10. For the most part, they did that.. but the tweaks to the combat system combined with a very poor ending sadly prevented the game from taking it's place as the best of the series. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed 98% of this game, but overall I rate it below ME2 and ME1.

The only issue I have with this game is the camera angle. I like the Third-Person view but it's too close to the character. If it was a little further away like in Gears then it be great! Overall I enjoy this game alot!

I'm not noticing all these problems with the cover system people keep talking about. It's not perfect or on par with Gears but I haven't been popping out of cover constantly or making wrong moves like people are describing.

I agree about the camera angle though. I get that they wanna make it more intense by making it close camera but I like to look around and be aware of my surroundings.

Once again, if the A button didn't do a billion things at once, this would be no where near as bad. Army of Two 40th day did this exact thing with the A button...too many actions.