Countless problems with "Fable Trilogy" bundle

Well, I've been having a field day with the Fable Trilogy and it's not a good field day, that's for sure. I've searched far and wide for similar problems and only ended up with people dealing with lag/stuttering in Fable Anniversary. I don't know the number for support to call, so here I am.

My list of issues start off with something that I can seem to bypass. Usually when I go into it to download the content, I get a prompt that the profile currently logged in (My profile, obviously) hasn't purchased this bundle. When prompted to purchase, it tells me that there's nothing to purchase. The latter is probably because I've already purchased the bundle, which is made obvious when I delete the App and I can just re-download it no problem. The only consistent solution is for me to sign out and sign back in while the App is still open. When done, it will open properly and let me download Fable Anniversary, 2, and 3.

The main problems I've been facing, however, is getting the games to actually play. Fable Anniversary worked just fine, beat it with only minor performance issues that aren't a big deal. But when I go to play Fable 2 or 3, however, is when things get sour. Both Fable 2 and Fable 3 will not play. When I download them and try to play them, I get a "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again." game error. After downloading Fable 2 and 3 through the bundle about 3 or 4 times (which is a hassle, lemme tell ya), I still get the Game Error. The games aren't corrupted or anything, they look perfectly fine in my storage device(s). To make matters worse, I can't seem to download any of the Fable 2/3 DLC properly without them going haywire, as well.

I've cleared the cache for any memory unit or hard drive I try to download them to, and I still get the error. I haven't purchased Fable 2 or Fable 3 individually from the game store. Am I just cursed? Anyone else dealing with these problems? Any solutions or simple advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 69 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You do NOT need to purchase them individualy....    A simple DL to the Hard Drive should work fine, are you trying to split the games between different storage devices???

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having a similar problem. However, I have tried repeatedly now to download the bundle, starting with the Anniversary. After solving some cache issues, everything seemed to be working, although slowly. I left the system on while doing other things and when I came back, it had started over again. Now, it has started over again multiple times. I've never had any issues downloading games or DLC to my system, and everything else is working fine. If this bundle is so riddled with bugs, Xbox needs to credit the games to peoples' accounts individually for download. I paid a grip for these games; I'd like to play them and not have to babysit my system to make sure it's downloading correctly.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having a great time with this bundle(!). While trying to download the bundle i had several restarts and when it had finally finished all three games were corrupted, also i have had the problem with the installer telling me i have not purchased the bundle itself.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem, I get did not purchase error and then after I get pass that I get the cache problem, I have contacted xbox support and they could not help me and said they will look into it but I still have not heard from them

Sorry this didn't help.

A message from Microsoft.

"From the information you provided, I understand that you are not able to access the content of Fable 2. According to the result of my investigation, you are currently located in Romania and your account address is in Romania. Currently Xbox LIVE is not available in that region.

For the above reason, I am sorry to inform you that I am not able to assist you on having accessing the content. "

So, they are giving a bundle that isn't fully available everywhere.

Sorry this didn't help.

I purchased the bundle about 4-5 hours ago and the fable anniversary has restarted downloading a couple times. I am aggravated that not only does Microsoft take your money before you are given a game, but they still don't have any fix or provide any help to this situation. I am not in Romania, I am in the US, so they can't pull that excuse out of their *** when it comes to my situation. Seeing as the people on here have cleared the cache on their hard drive and it still doesn't seem to help, I have no intention in doing so myself. I'll look around some more to see if I can find anything somewhere else.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been trying, again, after contacting Live via Chat. After running through a number of troubleshooting possibilities, still no go. The problem persists still. I've been looking for other ways to get it to work. Xbox should just credit our accounts for the three games separately. Seems like an easy fix until they get the bundle issue fixed.

Sorry this didn't help.

i have downloaded the pack like 14 times today im in the us i have reset and reloaded my account still wont download any of the games just get the same error code is there any chance that this problem with the bundle download might be fixed soon?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is total bull. I have the same problem as everyone else here. Microsoft, fix this please -_-

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi all!

I conctacted the support via Chat. I do every step that thye told me, still not working. But I get this info from the supporter, that they are currently know the situation and they are currentley fixing it. She said that if the problem won't fix till next Monday, contact the support again and they refund my money.

So, what ypou can do now is to wait for the fix, if the fix won't come till Monday, contact the support, and ask the refund for the game.

I'm really *** too, I hope they read this forum, next time when i contact the support which will be today, I will link this forum to them, to see the situation is serious.

Until then be patient guys, I will not give up on this situation.

Sorry this didn't help.