Counter Strike: Global Offensive coming to XBLA early 2012

[quote user="Kotaku"]

The Counter-Strike: Global Offensive rumors were true. Valve Software announced the game today and already added a listing for it to Steam.

In a press release, Valve said that "CS:GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS:GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more."

The team-based shooter game is "targeted" for an early 2012 release on the Xbox 360's Xbox Live Arcade, the PlayStation 3's PlayStation Network, Mac and PC in early 2012.

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," Valve spokesman Doug Lombardi said in today's announcement. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

The game is being co-developed by Valve and Hidden Path Entertainment (the latter of whom worked with Valve on updates to Counter-Strike: Source, the game's most recent major release) and will be playable at PAX Prime in two weeks in Seattle as well as at the Eurogamer Expo in late September.

[/quote]

http://kotaku.com/5830377/new-counter+strike-is-real-hits-ps3-xbox-360-and-pc-in-early-2012

Deffo looking forward to this! Was just playing Counter Strike Today and it still holds up as a solid FPS!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Personally, I could care less about Valve, their games, or their silly online service for pc gamers.  And why should I when I absolutely despise PC gaming?

LOL, anyhow to each his own...

Wont bother with it on console. The more hardcore CS crowd will always be on PC.

I still can have a ton of fun playing CS 1.6 or Source just like I can have a blast with Quake 3\Quake Live, but I really wouldn't want to play them with a game pad. Anyways haven't seen a gameplay trailer or screenshots so it might as well be Episode 3 which I wish they would get on with. Also anyone remember CS Condition Zero and what a complete flop that was.

I expect this new Counter-Strike game to be better and better populated than Modder Warfare 3...

I still play Counter-Strike: Source on my PC because they haven't released another console version yet.

Lost me at arcade. Arcade, Multiplayer and FPS combos are always bad because of low support from developers and a spark of a community that dwindles from day one. The only two arcade multiplayer FPSs that were good were 1942 & maybe Section 8: Prejudice.

^ I agree with the man or women with a thundercats gamerpic.

Is funny how the console haters always say the same thing but keep playing console games. Is obvious;  that the  games will be  or look  better on PC but that doesn't mean that won't be fun or good just because is a port to consoles.

I think people are hesitate to think this will work because of the legendary reputation that CS has and the fact that shooters are typically better on PC. 

Regardless, for those of us who don't PC game, this is great news. It's not like this is a full blown game. It shouldn't be particularly hard for them to grab a game that hasn't changed much over the years anyway and just upgrade it a bit into a XBLA game. This is Valve. I have confidence in their ability.

[quote user="Bon3zz1001"]

Console version is going to fail miserably.

That is all.

[/quote]

Why?