Counter-Strike: Global Offensive comes 2012! Forget Call of Duty!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/1800/

A new Counter Strike is on his way and comes for the nextgen Consoles too.

That what the old Xbox CS Veterans were waiting for.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="o Sinna o"]

Absolutely true and I agree @ Mister Chompski. I couldn't say it better. CoD  was ever a easy to pick up and play Game and that's the Reason why it has such a huge success on the consoles because many Kids have fast sucesses in the Game and a good feeling not being a low bob because of that how they experienced in other Games which take more skill like CS. CS needs more patience and Skill to get really good at it. And I am not saying CoD is useless crap but CS is just another League in Point of real Skill.

[/quote]

How does one FPS take more skill then another?  You aim a gun and shoot your target.  That's the game.  CS needs more patience?  Yea, who wants to sit there moving around a mouse and running around a keyboard.  In the day and age of consoles, I would lose my mind if I ever had to play video games with mice and keyboards again.  More skill, common man, every game is different and it takes skill to be the best in EVERY game you play.  That's like saying Soccer players are more skill full athletes then hockey players.  It's a game and every game is different.  If MW2 was so easy and noob friendly, how come everyone in every single lobby doesn't go 25-0?  Lol more patience and skill, common man, get  serious.

Absolutely true and I agree @ Mister Chompski. I couldn't say it better. CoD  was ever a easy to pick up and play Game and that's the Reason why it has such a huge success on the consoles because many Kids have fast sucesses in the Game and a good feeling not being a low bob because of that how they experienced in other Games which take more skill like CS. CS needs more patience and Skill to get really good at it. And I am not saying CoD is useless crap but CS is just another League in Point of real Skill.

Arcade game? And Ive been here since W@W, LOL.

I don't know anyone who only plays online 4 hours in a week.. Hell, dude. I don't know anyone who plays videogames (online, offline etc.) for only 4 hours a week. Maybe it's just 'cause I only roll with the hardest of the hardkore. Seriously.. Everyone I know on Live is over 200lbs, smells like bacon grease, wears Depends and eats Hot Pockets all day, every day. Myself included. Before I add new friends, I always make sure they meet these requirements. Get on our level..

I hope the people on my friendslist who post here can take a joke. If not, I got some 'splanin' to do..

[quote user="Mister Chompski"]

If people want to like COD, that's fine. What disgusts me as a gamer, to no end, is that a good portion of the COD community praises the series like it's the best thing since sliced bread. It gives players a sense of achievement and is easy to play. That's what it has a monster following. Yet many (not all) shrug off every other game under the sun as unable to compete. 

CS: GO won't topple COD in a million years. Not because it doesn't deserve it. Not because it won't be a good game. Not because it doesn't have a campaign. It won't because Counter Strike actually takes time to get good at. Something many gamers nowadays don't understand.

[/quote]Come on, man. Think about what you just said.. "A good portion of the COD community praises the series like it's the best thing since since sliced bread." Well, DUH! Of course the COD community is going to react this way because we're fans. Otherwise, we would not be a part of this "community" in the first place. It would be no different for fans of any other game.. Why shouldn't we praise it anyway? Besides what all of the haters are saying, COD is a solid, quality FPS. COD's fame and fortune is more then earned anyways. The folks out there who're not satisfied with their COD experience need to just leave it at that. Just don't play it anymore. You can't say that just because you had a negative experience with the game, that it's crap. I can promise you that for every 1 whiny, entitled, jaded COD gamer out there; there's atleast 15 players who would describe their experience with this franchise as phenominal.

Also, multiplayer does not have some set difficulty level. Saying that the multiplayer is "easy" makes no sense when you consider that your opposition is, for the most part, random. If you mean that it's easy to pick up and get into, then yes. COD is very easy to jump into and that's one of the things that really sets it apart from all the other FPS out there. This is not a flaw. It's more COD innovation to give any player the ability to pick up and play.

If people want to like COD, that's fine. What disgusts me as a gamer, to no end, is that a good portion of the COD community praises the series like it's the best thing since sliced bread. It gives players a sense of achievement and is easy to play. That's what it has a monster following. Yet many (not all) shrug off every other game under the sun as unable to compete. 

CS: GO won't topple COD in a million years. Not because it doesn't deserve it. Not because it won't be a good game. Not because it doesn't have a campaign. It won't because Counter Strike actually takes time to get good at. Something many gamers nowadays don't understand.

[quote user="BEASTmmb"]

[quote user="Mister Chompski"]

[quote user="Rastafarian204"]

Bad games do not move units.  COD games have broken records release after release.  There are more people that love COD then hate it.  So maybe it's the smaller community of gamers that don't know true quality who are the ones who truly need to figure it out.  Numbers don't lie, nuff said.

[/quote]

Actually, I'm rather confident that...

[/quote]For someone that has such a problem with people who have egos, you sure do come of sounding full of yourself.

[/quote]

Why? Is it because of that little bit? Makes perfect sense. I use the word "confident," preferring to an observation but it gets misinterpreted as "I know for a fact."

This guy just doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

From what I remember reading, Counter Strike: Global Offensive comes out early 2012, for the 360/PS3, and I think they said it would be an XBLA game though I can't say 100%.

I definitely look forward to this.

That does not sound right!  The next gen console scheduled to hit first is the next wii, xbox has yet to even start on their console.  

We've been on here for about the same time. I've changed my GT about 4 times since MW2 has been out.