Could someone please clarify about COD: WaW please?

I was looking at playing world at war online but noticed that there are a lot of people talking about how there are infected lobbies and modders and that sort of thing.  I'm not too familiar with those things while playing online so I was wondering if I join a game and something seems "off" with it and then I back out, is it possible that I could be banned just because I was in the match even though I didn't know that something weird was going on until about a couple minutes into the match?  I'm not too familiar with this type of thing happening in games that I play so I just wanted to cover all my bases before I decide to play this game online or even whether or not I should even play the game online at all.  Any help regarding the issue would be helpful and I would appreciate if possible, some input from a forum moderator or some other xbox staff member.  Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Currently it is rather difficult to find a game in WaW that isn't hacked even if you are not a hacker yourself. You are more likely to get into a modded lobby than an unmodded one. If you are not the one modding you will not get banned but it is frustrating when you can't find a good match. It is a great game and it is sad to see it destroyed in such a way. I recently got a group of friends together to play private matches though. Clean and unmodded it was a great time.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I believe that to be infected you have to do specific tasks such as backing out, going into a private match, or something along those lines. If you simply just back out and find another game then no you won't be banned. The enforcement team can tell if you're intentionally getting infected.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes this game is hard to play because of people using infected lobbies easy way to spot this is when you are in the lobby waiting for the game to start if you see a gamer tag with different coloured letters cycling or it does not show their rank it will mean they are modders. Also if you join a game and you see people flying on to the top of buildings or going through and under scenery they are modding. Their is also a god mode where you can not kill them regardless of how many people are shooting them. The best thing to do is back out of the game completely by dash boarding it as soon as you see any of these things. If you do this they can not infect your online stats and pass on  the mod to you, but if you stay in the game you can be infected with the mod and they can mess with your rank. And yes if you are caught by somebody else or an XBLPET enforcer in game and stay in the game you can be banned for knowingly participating in a modded lobby. Also if you see coloured writing going across and filling the screen with a gamer tag and a reference to them on youtube or having mods back out to dashboard straight away. Then go to recent players and report them for system tampering as the software used for any of these in game mods is in violation of the code of conduct for xbox live.

I have found though if you like to play hardcore you can find lobbies that are clean and no modders as they seem to stick to core mode. As this is an old game I don't think they are interested in fixing it so there is not much you can do except file a complaint to xbox live for system tampering so they get banned and try playing hardcore and hopefully you will get a clean game. I hope this helps you out and any other questions on this subject i am happy to answer cheers.

Sorry this didn't help.

My advice to you is simple; save yourself a few quid and don't go near it. You're just asking for trouble and if you're not careful you could find yourself with a £20 coaster.

Sorry this didn't help.