Cosmetic DLC [love/hate]

This may be redundant, but I wanna know others thoughts on the use of what I call Cosmetic DLC for games in general. Gears 3 really went over board with the whole character / weapon skins DLC. Preorders, fast food purchases, and buying them from the market place. Judgement is doing the same thing, and while I like the customization and personalizing my characters, I feel like a sucker. I jumped through hoops to get many of them as I could so I had all options but rarely used them. I don't begrudge anyone who loves this or hated it, I just think it is getting out of hand. I preordered from MS store for Alex Brand versus doing a trade in at GameStop and no matter how much I would like to say it doesn't matter I can't help going for all this gimmicky crap. After watching the MP video yesterday looks like we will be able to do a lot of unlocks from in game play which is awesome because you have something to work for, but then again it's like a little carrot leading the *** (donkey) to keep going. Nature of the beast I guess, can't be helped.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Preorders perks and having to buy food and drinks will not go away as long as the majority do it. As a completionist it sucks as I want everything for the games I love.

I will never pay for cosmetic change. That is just foolish. I never paid for any of the weapon skins in Gears 3. I did however pre-order from Amazon because they had the skin (Savage Kantus) that I wanted, but I paid no extra that anyone else who pre-ordered the game. I too am going to pre-order Judgment from the MS Store so I get Alex Brand. She looks badass.

I watched a video of a guy going over the options in the main menu and there are options for Weapon Skins and Character Skins. So maybe this time around they will allow you to not only buy weapon skins but character skins as well instead of having to unlock them via various methods.  

I tried to get as much as i could for Gears of War 3, thinking it was going to play just as the Beta played, which it DIDNT, and after all of the Banning EPIC did to me, Gears of War 3 just wore me OUT.. i think at one point i made 2 accounts per week for a month. ANYWAYS, after seeing the GoW:J MP trailer, oddly enough.. i was actually surprised i like it. I know i won't be pre-ordering the game for any "special" skins, im just going to wait for it to come out so i wont play the *** out of it, and maybe enjoy it, i'll probably to everything the opposite of how i approached GoW3.

I feel everyone should have access to the same weapons. I do not even like games that hand out weapons for leveling...which we all know equates to time spent playing. Basically rewarding players who play the most, and in turn should have improved skill, with better weapons. That makes no sense.

I am all for cosmetic only upgrades. Let leveled up players brag with cool looking gear and player skins, not unbalanced game play. Then, if someone is sp vein they would rather pay to look like they had skills or to buy a look they like then who cares because it has no impact on multiplayer balance.

the thing you get for leveling and playing in Gears are just skins so they do not make you better than someone else. I like rewards for playing, gives you something to strive for

I like Pre order skins and I do paid for map packs but paying for skins not likely unless there cheap ℓσℓ

I hate when they charge you for it. I also hate   pre order exclusives . Maybe im just a hater but  I loved the old days when they reward you with outfits/weapons etc for complete some part of a game or beat it .

It's getting a bit old.

Can you unlock all weapon skins for gears of war 3.If not witch ones dont unlock?

guide says all skins carry over, guess  we shall see soon