Corrupted hard drive

Finally figured out the problem i was having replaying my mass effect trilogy is a corrupted hard drive. Using another hard drive downloaded the dlc that kept bringing up "unable to read disc" messages and it works fine. Have been having issues with corrupted profile for months now thought that was an internet issue, just learned a bad hard drive can lead to the same issue. My question now is can i transfer any of those saves from my corrupted hard drive will i get the corruption on my new hard drive? Is there anything i can do to save those files?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there - I would recommend backing up all of the data on your harddrive to another storage device, and then re-formatting your Xbox hard drive. If it is still corrupted, you will need to send it off for repair: support.xbox.com/.../repair-process You can then try transferring all of your data back onto the hard drive, but unfortunately there is no guarantee that your save files themselves were not corrupted.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The corruption is a hardware issue, so it won't spread to a new device.  However, if the data you transfer is corrupted it won't become UNcorrupted when it's transferred, so nothing that's currently problematic is going to work with the new drive.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ColvinBeBop01,

Have you tried using your hard drive on a different console to see if it shows as a unformatted or corrupted hard drive there? Does any console even read the hard drive when attached? If you can view the files on it, then be sure to make a back up of the save files as soon as possible. If the hard drive is not able to be recognized by any console though, then unfortunately the save files would be lost. let us know exactly what you are seeing though. We are here for ya!

Sorry this didn't help.